Tenderfoot Mountain

Tenderfoot Mountain is a 2.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Dillon, CO that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is accessible from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Good morning hike with kids. Great views of Dillon, lots of wildflowers. About 30% shade.

It was a sunny day and since there was barely any shade, it was a warm hike. The directions and map made me question where I was going so I posted a pic of where I parked and walked to the trailhead. Great views of the lake. Amazing variety of flora.

Simple, easy trail with stunning views of Lake Dillon and surrounding mountains!

Nice fairly easy hike. Narrow trail with a few rocks in the trail. You got to watch for. Very little shade. Most of the trail is totally exposed to the sun. Nice views of Lake Dillon.

Nice easy hike with great views of Lake Dillon. A good hike to use for getting acclimated to the altitude.

Beautiful view of the mtn range and lake Dillon however there is nothing climatic at the top.

Nice easy trail with beautiful views of the mountains and lake Dillon.

My wife and I just finished this hike and really enjoyed it for an easy and quick hike as we're acclimating and short on time today. It has beautiful views of Lake Dillon and of the Ten Mile Range. The map on this app showed a different trail and trailhead , so we had to reference other maps. Not sure why or how reliable it will be for others. We recommend this hike and would hike it again.

Great views of Lake Dillon & wildflowers.

This was a great, easy trail with beautiful views. I like to take out-of-towners on this trail because it's so gorgeous but not strenuous. We went up the ridge trail and back down through the meadow loop which made for a great variety of mountain and meadow. Tons of beautiful wildflowers as well. We saw hardly any people on the trail and this was 4th of July weekend! I highly recommend of you're looking for a pleasant, calm stroll.

Easy hike, with great views! Pretty exposed, so a hat and sunscreen would be good.

Very good morning hike. I didn't see another person on the trail all day. The weather was perfect. After the hike we fished on Dillon Reservoir until 9. Great Colorado day!

Tried to go on trail today, but it was closed. Don't know why.

A very good family hike with great views. You do follow a bike path, then an access road to get to the trail head. The trail head is labeled dillon nature preserve and is a loop that goes back to the road. 3.5 miles in all from the car and back.

There are two overlooks that provide spectacular views of Lake Dillon. Parking is about a 1/4 mile up the road from the trailhead, and you can walk along the bike path until you see the trail. It is very well maintained, but a little exposed, so bring some sunscreen.

This is a beautiful, SCENIC trail that is fine for all levels very close to Dillon, CO, so it provides a fast, easy way to satisfy the need for a little exercise and FANTASTIC views.