Tenderfoot Mountain

Tenderfoot Mountain is a 2.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Dillon, CO that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is accessible from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

My dog & I totally enjoyed this trail this morning. Beautiful wildflowers in open areas and a few benches/rocks to take in the view. As other reviewers have said, there's no "wow" at the end. Still a great trail for acclimating and easy enough for all levels. Don't miss the all wood pole teepee mid trail - a novelty for any kids on the hike!
*Directional note to trailhead: From Hwy 6 East, turn LEFT on Dillon Dr at light at top of hill. Then take an immediate right onto CR 51. Parking is just past end of paved road.

Great view for such an easy hike

It's a great quick hike and the view of Dillon Lake is spectacular, it's my new favorite spot to just sit and look at the view

Beautiful. Lots of wildflowers.

Good morning hike with kids. Great views of Dillon, lots of wildflowers. About 30% shade.

It was a sunny day and since there was barely any shade, it was a warm hike. The directions and map made me question where I was going so I posted a pic of where I parked and walked to the trailhead. Great views of the lake. Amazing variety of flora.

Simple, easy trail with stunning views of Lake Dillon and surrounding mountains!

Nice fairly easy hike. Narrow trail with a few rocks in the trail. You got to watch for. Very little shade. Most of the trail is totally exposed to the sun. Nice views of Lake Dillon.

Nice easy hike with great views of Lake Dillon. A good hike to use for getting acclimated to the altitude.

Beautiful view of the mtn range and lake Dillon however there is nothing climatic at the top.

Nice easy trail with beautiful views of the mountains and lake Dillon.

My wife and I just finished this hike and really enjoyed it for an easy and quick hike as we're acclimating and short on time today. It has beautiful views of Lake Dillon and of the Ten Mile Range. The map on this app showed a different trail and trailhead , so we had to reference other maps. Not sure why or how reliable it will be for others. We recommend this hike and would hike it again.

Great views of Lake Dillon & wildflowers.

This was a great, easy trail with beautiful views. I like to take out-of-towners on this trail because it's so gorgeous but not strenuous. We went up the ridge trail and back down through the meadow loop which made for a great variety of mountain and meadow. Tons of beautiful wildflowers as well. We saw hardly any people on the trail and this was 4th of July weekend! I highly recommend of you're looking for a pleasant, calm stroll.

Easy hike, with great views! Pretty exposed, so a hat and sunscreen would be good.

Very good morning hike. I didn't see another person on the trail all day. The weather was perfect. After the hike we fished on Dillon Reservoir until 9. Great Colorado day!

Tried to go on trail today, but it was closed. Don't know why.

A very good family hike with great views. You do follow a bike path, then an access road to get to the trail head. The trail head is labeled dillon nature preserve and is a loop that goes back to the road. 3.5 miles in all from the car and back.