St. Mary's Falls Trail

St. Mary's Falls Trail is a 6.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Colorado Springs, Colorado that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Colorado Springs: ACCESS: 1. From Colorado Springs, take either 26th St. or Cheyenne Road to North Cheyenne Canyon Road to Gold Camp Road. About 1 mile past the locked gate at the intersection of North Cheyenne Canyon Road,Gold Camp Road andHigh Drive is the trailhead.

The trail markers are inaccurate with distance, but a great trail overall.

Falls were frozen but still a pretty hike near stream most of the way.

Loved it!

Loved it, but not a light day hike,...def take some snacks and some water. Our dog loved it too

So amazing!

Loved the trail. Very less traffic on the new year. Covered with snow and sleet all along the trail. Spikes on shoes are highly recommended at this time.The fall is frozen completely and can walk over it as there is snow over the falls. But the icy section is very dangerous and extremely slippery. Can hear the water flowing underneath the frozen fall. Loved the trail overall. Overall roundtrip time was 6 hours as the path was slippery and we stopped at alot of places.

The trail even in the winter time was beautiful. A little traffic at first, but the 1.6 mile trek up the hill was peacful

In reply to Blo Mi's post (classy name, by the way), it's obviously more crowded around holidays (such as the day after Thanksgiving, when he wrote the post). Went hiking with my friend today (a Sunday, we arrived there around 12:30pm) and we only came in contact with a handful of people... there was plenty of parking in the lot as well. I'm not a native, although I've been living in Denver for over a year now, and I think "moderate" is an accurate description for the difficulty of the hike. It's definitely not for beginners, but far from impossible for those who aren't conditioned (or those with a heart condtion, like me)! Make sure to pack some good waterproof hiking boots for this trail.

I was a bit unimpressed with the view from the falls (mostly because they were completely frozen over, and I didn't want to walk across the ice), but it was a great hike nonetheless. I'd love to do it again in the spring.

First of all, I would not classify this as "light" traffic. Crossed paths with people coming and going constantly. Maybe on a weekday but on the weekend there was nowhere to park in the afternoon, had to walk up the pavement from the Helen hunts lot, then another mile or two just to get to the trail head. This is a hugely popular spot, get there super early or wait til early evening. The trail itself I would classify as easy-moderate but I'm a native. My wife from out east was sucking air the whole way up and would probably classify it as super-hard. Probably one of the better hikes so close to the city but be prepared for a steep climb and a pre-hike before getting to the trail head down gold camp road. Leave the kids at home for this one.

Great trail. Beautiful views and calm walk along the creek. Enjoy this trail, had some excellent snowshoeing on it too!