St. Mary's Falls Trail

St. Mary's Falls Trail is a 5.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Colorado Springs, CO that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, camping, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Colorado Springs: ACCESS: 1. From Colorado Springs, take either 26th St. or Cheyenne Road to North Cheyenne Canyon Road to Gold Camp Road. About 1 mile past the locked gate at the intersection of North Cheyenne Canyon Road,Gold Camp Road andHigh Drive is the trailhead.

First of all, I would not classify this as "light" traffic. Crossed paths with people coming and going constantly. Maybe on a weekday but on the weekend there was nowhere to park in the afternoon, had to walk up the pavement from the Helen hunts lot, then another mile or two just to get to the trail head. This is a hugely popular spot, get there super early or wait til early evening. The trail itself I would classify as easy-moderate but I'm a native. My wife from out east was sucking air the whole way up and would probably classify it as super-hard. Probably one of the better hikes so close to the city but be prepared for a steep climb and a pre-hike before getting to the trail head down gold camp road. Leave the kids at home for this one.

Great trail. Beautiful views and calm walk along the creek. Enjoy this trail, had some excellent snowshoeing on it too!

Short, moderately strenuous "staired" trail that winds around a really nice waterfall. The view from the top looks all the way back into Colorado Springs.

We parked at the High Drive entrance and walked up that way. Lots of people on that road and lots of dog poop. Once I got to the actual trail head, it was phenomenal. Lots of areas along the creek to let the dogs off leash and get them water. good hike to get us out of the house for the morning

Easy to get lost on some parts of this trail, but great views in the Cheyenne Cañon none the less.

Had a great hike yesterday to the falls. It is 6.5 miles round trip from the upper parking lot, however, NOT 5.2. Good exercise (uphill all the way up, but not super steep) and not many people on the trail. Took us about an hour and a half to get to the falls. I've always liked this hike, and my dog likes it, too!

Nice trail with healthy elevation gain once you get off the gravel road. I wish folks on the road would be more diligent about cleaning up after their dogs.

Pretty magnificent views of the city and the trails provided some breathtaking views. The later half of the trail provides the ambience of the stream as you walk along it as well as the very beginning which is very relaxing. The trail splits in some sections but will still take you to the falls whether you take the upper or lower pathway. Helen Hunt Falls is there as well which was an bonus for us as we're new to Colorado!

The falls are pretty and so is the view. At the last sign, there is a path going straight and one going to the right. GO TO THE RIGHT! If you go straight, you wind up scrambling up steep rocks. the path to the right is nice and easy tho.

Pretty area. The hike is not very steep, but can be a bit tricky right at the falls. We continued on the trail that makes it to the summit of Mount Rosa for about a 14-mile round trip.

Great trail all around with views and water through out

Great hike! Nice and easy

great trail. loved the views. when you get to the 2/10th mile marker look over your right shoulder. that is the trail. the oath straight ahead leads to a nice lunch spot, but dies not go up the mountain.

Beautiful!

This was a great workout with beautiful views. The trail is heavily wooded once you reach the trail head and follows a stream for the majority of the way. The last .2 miles is the longest .2 miles you'll ever walk due to the steep incline. The pay off is worth the suck you'll feel towards the end. I would strongly encourage sun screen as I thought because of the tree coverage I wouldn't get burned. That simply was not the case. I would also not let the distance fool you, this was not a short hike due to the incline. It took us (adults) over 2 hours to complete! Overall great experience!

Completed the hike with a 12 and 7 year old. The 7 year old nearly stopped at the last .2 mile mark to the fall, but some great hikers on the trail convinced her to finish it. She did finish, and it was worth it. If you don't have the app, you could lose the trail. Luckily all the hikers you pass can help you stay on course. The final .2 miles feels like a mile due to the incline but the payoff at the end makes it worth it. The loose gravel made it a little difficult on the way down. We also Yoon our 9 month old puppy. She loved all the cut offs where she could cook off on the creek. I plan on hiking this trail again in about a month so we can enjoy the fabulous fall colors.

this is a well kept trail and really beautiful - Deeply wooded and follows the creek all the way up to the falls- It is hard as there is a lot of uphill climb and altitude gains. It wasnt crowded and we met good folks and dogs on the trail. Make sure to take plenty of water with you and be prepared for an incline

Nice trail, definitely tough at the end, but worth it.

Found the trailhead easily thanks to this site! Only mishap is when I saw the sign "Saint Mary's Falls .2 Miles" with an arrow, I misread the direction of the arrow and walked past the sign. Turn right at the sign!! Other than that, a great trail with amazing views. My favorite so far.