St. Elmo to Tincup

St. Elmo to Tincup is a 13 mile lightly trafficked point-to-point trail located near Almont, CO that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for off road driving and is accessible from June until October.

13.0 miles Point to Point

off road driving

Start at St. Elmo or Tin Cup. Highway maps will direct you.

off road driving

Went up during the changing of the seasons. Very busy! Beautiful going to the pass. Gets a little bumpy on the way to mirror lake. Lots of atv activity. Well worth it!

off road driving

Jeeped the trail in 2009. Rough riding but the pass was beautiful. Did a three mile hike up one side of the pass. Full of rocks and boulders. Played like a kid.

off road driving

Great trail on a Polaris RZR 900 XP. Beautiful views and fun times. My 14 year old daughter drove all the way. Easy peasy.

off road driving

Fun trail mostly easy with some moderate sections. Views at the top are amazing. I've taken a Dodge Dakota and this year a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited stock over this pass. Lots of trails and camping on the St. Elmo side as well.

scenic driving

I drove my 4WD Ford F-150 up this road on a beautiful summer day in June. The road was much better than I anticipated. If the weather hadn't have been so perfect I would not have taken this road as bad weather could easily turn this road difficult in a hurry. After reaching the pass, I hiked up to the top of the mountain directly to the east (13,230') and got some amazing views. Well worth the trip!

off road driving

Awesome ATV trail. I recommend NOT taking a regular passenger 4WD or AWD up here and definitely not a regular passenger vehicle. I only say this as I have seen people and get into trouble. I just shake my head. If you don't own one, rent an ATV or modified Jeep. I've done it couple of times so I won't mark the activity date.

off road driving

Great drive, very scenic, either Tin Cup or St. Elmo are destinations in themselves. I drove from Tin Cup to St. Elmo. Road not bad for 4WD, slow going because of rock.