Silverton to Animas Forks Ghost Town

Silverton to Animas Forks Ghost Town is a 12.1 mile point-to-point trail located near Silverton, CO and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for off road driving and is accessible from May until October.

12.1 miles Point to Point

scenic driving

Great drive and cool place to visit!!

off road driving

Very cool ghost town and getting there from Silverton is very easy. All it is is a dirt road, you could get there in 2WD easy. Definitely check it out.

off road driving

Jeeped this one as part of the Alpine Loop. Not too hard, but rocky. The last part into Silverton was easy. Animas Forks is cool. I always recommend people not take stock 4x4 vehicles on these mountain passes; rent a proper Jeep or ATV. But if you think you can do it, don't let me stop you. I just think it's a bad idea. Definitely no passenger cars....that's just plain dumb. If it says 4WD recommended, it really means drive a 4WD here...no, seriously.

off road driving

We drove our Jeep Wrangler on this trail several times while we explored the mining activity in the area. We saw several passenger cars on this road! I'm sure they high centered several times getting up to Animas Forks.

Beautiful views! Ghost town was pretty cool to.

off road driving

We Jeeped to Animas Forks from Silverton on a clear day in June, we explored the old building and site for an hour or two, then continued on our way to Cinnamon Pass. Interesting site.