Signal Butte Trail

Signal Butte Trail is a 1.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Divide, CO that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for snowshoeing and is accessible from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

old growth

Colorado Tourism Office, 1625 Broadway, Suite 1700 , Denver, CO, 80202, Phone: 800-COLORADO

I'm not sure where the directions for this trail came from, but the Signal Butte Trail I know of starts in a completely different place and climbs around 1000' as it spirals counterclockwise around the Butte. I have been only partially up it because I started the climb on a day when I had not planned and didn't have enough water. I plan to hike it this summer (2012)
To get to this one go west on Hwy 24 from Colorado Springs to Florissant. Turn north onto CR 31 and follow it as it curves back NW. Take first right onto CR 31, AKA Wildhorn Rd. Follow that for about 7 miles to Cedar Mountain Rd and take a right. Take first left onto Phantom Rd and go about a mile to a parking area for ATVs and motorcycles. From there take the left fork on FSR 362. Go about another 7 miles northeast and watch to your left. You will see a prominent cone shaped mountain. I don't remember the turnoff road # to go to the base of the mountain, but it will be obvious.
There is a parking area at the base and some good places for a picnic. I'm not sure how long the trail is but I'd guess at a mile to a mile and a half.
You will have a fabulous 360 degree view once you reach the top!