Shrine Ridge Trail

Shrine Ridge Trail is a 4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Vail, CO that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, birding, and horses and is accessible from July until September. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Amazing. First real hike I ever and now has hooked me. Amazing views. Two different high points or peaks at the top. Was wet in some parts but not bad at all. Saw a group of 5 and a couple, that was it in the 5 hours of chilling and hiking. Two thumbs up.

Great trail for a couple of Minnesotans with fantastic views!

The view from the top was spectacular! We went 200-300 yards past the official top of the hike and enjoyed a wonderful picnic on the rock outcrops. Mostly uphill the whole way and a challenge for us Michiganders who don't have elevation to deal with on our hikes back home. We took our time and enjoyed every bit of it. There were very few hikers on the trail and we had the top to ourselves for well over 30 minutes.

Great photo ops!

Loved this trail. Took my dog and he loved it too. Went during fall so I missed all the gorgeous wildflowers. But the views were very pretty. I plan to go back next spring.

Awesome hike. Incredible views. Thought this was moderate / easy hike.

Beautiful hike thru evergreens to a majestic summit with unlimited views. The view of Holy Cross when you first summit is inspiring.

Great views. Good warm up for higher elevation hikes

Great hike with wild flowers even late in the season.

Loved this hike! Not too hard for just getting to Co. We started early which was good. Great views throughout, but really special views of rock formations and far off peaks at the top

Really great, upper-end easy hike. Amazing views and many rocks to picnic on up top.