Seven Bridges Trail

Seven Bridges Trail is a 3.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Colorado Springs, Colorado that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Seven cascading waterfalls with a total of 224 steps.

Great hike and scenery. Look for the trail 622 marker to begin the actual trail.

It does take a little bit of a walk to get to the trail from the parking lot but once you get there, it's worth it. I took my seven year old and he had so much fun. He really looked forward to trying to figure out what the next bridge would like. This is also a dog friendly trail with lots of people who are new to hiking so a lot of dogs off leash that weren't well enough trained for it. One woman actually lost her dog when it ran away in the steam.

The trail starts on Gold Camp Road and you enter the enjoyable part of the 7 Bridges Trail at the Trail 622 marker. On Feb. 15th, there was quite a bit of compacted snow and ice so somewhat slippery. The 7 Bridges Trail actually continues past Bridge No. 7 for about another half mile or so and this portion is probably the most difficult as it climbs considerably. The view from the top is great but the climb up is not recommended for hikers with little ones. Will definitely do 7 Bridges again in the Spring.

I love this hike!

Pretty trail once you get past the dirty and very busy access trail right off the parking lot. You'll see the numbered sign and a small incline. Once you get on the 7 bridges trail, it's much less busy and far cleaner. We went on a Sunday and came across 5 other people. Coming from much lower elevation (Biloxi MS), the climb was a bit of a struggle for me, but I was able to finish without being too miserable. Once we got to the final bridge, we made a left and had lunch on the rocks near the waterfall. If you do this, it probably goes without saying but be very careful. Really pretty day hike. One star off for that abomination of an access trail and it was so busy. Seriously people. Clean up your dog's poop and carry your trash out.

Easy to miss the exit for this trail. You leave the parking lot and travel down a very wide trial for a while. Lots of people, bikers and pets as it's a multi-use trail. Lots of dog crap and trash that people are too lazy to pick up.
Seven Bridges trail is off on the right and harder to see. It's not clearly marked and the sign is numbered, not named.
Once you start on the trail the crowd and mess thins out and the view only improves. A few patches of snow and ice. Some could be avoided by going off the trail slightly to more fresh snow. We saw quite a few people fall trying to go on the sick trail spots.
We only made it to bridge 3 before we turned back. We were told by hikers coming down that it was solid ice on the trail above and very dangerous. I was hiking with my three kids, carrying the baby in a carrier so we didn't risk it. Took us about 2 hours round trip to bridge 3 and that was plenty of stopping to take pictures and climb rocks and eat a snack at the bridge.
Very picturesque. Easy to moderate hike. Follows the creek, lots of small waterfalls. The sound is amazing.
I was told by other hikers that the snow and ice is usually gone by spring. It was a Sunday and 60 degrees the day went but most of the trail is shaded by mountains and pines. We put our jackets back on pretty quickly. T-shirts were fine in the sun on the main trail.
I'd give this trail 5 stars if it wasn't for all the dog crap on the main trail.

I liked the trial and it wasn't difficult, good scenery

Awesome

Fun but long

Good! I've done this trail dozens of times, very picturesque. Once you start climbing and get away from dog droppings on the access road it gets much better. Need to be careful on the way back down if it's icy.