School Pond and Preachers Hollow Loop Trail

School Pond and Preachers Hollow Loop Trail is a 2.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Divide, CO that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

There is a $7 entrance fee to access this trail.

I hiked this trail with my two little girls ages 1 and 5. My five year old was able to hike the entire trail fairly easily. The trail has beautiful views and is very accessible. Just to note... There are several trails that branch off the main trail head so make sure to stop at the sign at the start of the trail to find out the route color and number you want to follow. I believe school pond is the orange trail 2. Also no dogs are permitted on any of the trails in Muller State Park and there is a $7 entrance fee to access this trail. Preachers Hollow is a different trailhead a little further up the road from School Pond.

We hiked School Pond. Preachers Hollow is a completely different trail. They are close, but different. The trail was great. Lots of wild flowers. I would definitely hike it again.

Well maintained. Easy enough for my puppy and toddler. We did the short route because of storm clouds threatening rain but it was still a great hike. Lots of wildflowers!

Easy hike to a small pond. Lots of awesome wild flowers right now.

Preachers Hollow is a pretty decent hike, moderate in difficulty. It drops down into a really pretty meadow before hiking back up to the adjoining trails.

Located in Muller State Park...this is a well maintained trail and fairly easy

This is a beautiful trail! It is maintained very well. There are a few steep elevation changes, but was still a nice easy walk for us and the kids. Watch for plenty of wildlife and wildflowers.

This is a well marked and well maintained trail and is easy/moderate. Our group ranged in age from mid 50's to late 60's. We had asked at the visitor center for a recommendation of a trail that did not have much elevation change and she suggested this one. Most of the trail is easy but we did have to stop and catch our breath in several places. Be aware that most all of this trail is in the sun. There's a bench (in the sun) at the pond where we watched several birds that were nesting in the cattails.