Sandbeach Lake Trail

Sandbeach Lake Trail is a 8.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Allenspark, CO that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October.

beach

Tough hike up and down, but totally worth the pain. Gorgeous view and, since there are only 4 campsites, the area is very peaceful. If you're looking to really get away from it all, this is your trail.

First family backpacking trip with me, my wife, and 2 daughters (4&8). Loved it, grit was created!

one of 101 most beautiful definitely amazing long steep hard AMAZING

Gorgeous! Not much to see on the way up.... But when you get there... It's a piece of heaven on earth! We were the only two there today for a while too!!

Great trail. Very steady incline, graceful and attainable. Save time to hang out at the lake. I made it up in 2 hours. Have fun!

A beach, a lake, and mountain views all in one. Worth the hike. Can get tiring, but would do again. Definitely worth it.

We hit the trailhead at 7:30am today (Saturday). The hike up was nicely shaded and we didn't see anyone on the trail until we got about 30 minutes from Sandbeach Lake. Its a great trail. You have quite a bit of incline along the way but it is followed by areas that flatten out. The trail is pretty rocky so you have to watch your foot holds. The Lake is beautiful. Lots of people who camped overnight were coming out and playing in the water as we were heading to hike back down the mountain. Adding this to my favorite list.

I loved this trail! It was challenging, but very much worth it. The lake is beautiful and it's nice to jump in when you get to the top. I thought the trail was beautiful too. Not many wildflowers or mountain views, but I loved all the trees! Most of the trail is in the shade which is nice too. I would definitely recommend this trail. I'm not sure why people writing these reviews seem to think it's a boring trail as far as scenery. It's nice and secluded surrounded by trees and there are some creeks along the way too. There are some mountain views towards the beginning. Make sure you plan for a long hike though. We started at 11, got to the lake around 2, left the lake around 3, and got back down around 5:45.

It was beautiful but very challenging for the novice like me. It was 5 miles up up up! The lake was gorgeous and so unique though.

Trail is rather meh but the lake is pretty. There were some pretty wildflowers along the way- white tassel flower, Pinedrops, pearly everlasting & many varieties of asters & daisies.

Moderate hike; steady climb but not difficult. You pass Copeland Moraine and is cool to see the valley created. Cross Hunters creek and then a 400+ ft climb at the end and you get to the sandy shore of the lake. The sandy shore is weird to see in Boulder, v unusual.

V cool bristlecone and limber pine trees on the shore. Apparently limber pine trees survive 1000's of yrs. so lot of these trees are probably v old and it was cool to see a limber pine tree right at the end of the trail at the beach. Also, there were some pretty Lady tresses orchids right on shore at the edge of the lake. Could not hang around too long as dark clouds were gathering above.

This is essentially a moderate trail with some more serious sections that I would consider difficult. It is true that there are not a lot of vistas but the trail is a great example of the front range of Colorado. It is mainly a walk in the woods going up from Ponderosa Pines to Lodgepole Pines to Spruces. It is not overly traveled so it is a nice walk for anyone looking for more solitude within RMNP. You get to cross two brooks or streams that in August are flowing just about right to provide great rest stops. The lake at the end of the trail is worth the trip. I started out at about 10 and arrived at 1 and had lunch and a short rest and was back down at about 4. I walk pretty slow so most folks can make a lot better time, but I enjoyed the hike.

As of June 15, the bridge at Hunter's Creek crossing was missing. Water was moving pretty fast through the area. We weren't able to find a safe alternate crossing an had to turn back. Not sure when the bridge is scheduled to be repaired.

Long time ago , I hiked way above sandbeach lake. Almost to the pass,near Mount Orton,.2000 july4th Also remember two girls were swimming in the water. So it must have been alittle warm .

This is overall a nice hike. Good aspen forest and some views and creeks along the way. With that said though, compared to others in RMNP it's scenery on the way up is not too great, but the end payoff at the lake was worth it! It's beautiful up there and it was so nice to take your shoes off and enjoy the sand beach. It's a long hike though. Several stretches of uphill climbs make it a good work out. It took 4.5 hours for our group to go out and back. Overall good, I would do it again.

This was not one of my favorite hikes, but it was a hot day and I may need to give it a second chance. It is quite a workout, but had to echo another hiker we ran into along the way-"a vista please!". With the lack of scenery on the way up (and really no water features either), I had a hard time staying motivated. That said, the lake allows for exploration all around and provide several nice picnic spots as well.