Sandbeach Lake Trail

Sandbeach Lake Trail is a 8.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Allenspark, Colorado that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

beach

Went this am-didn't need snowshoes as it was fairly packed down. Went 2 miles in-gorgeous day

Tough hike up and down, but totally worth the pain. Gorgeous view and, since there are only 4 campsites, the area is very peaceful. If you're looking to really get away from it all, this is your trail.

First family backpacking trip with me, my wife, and 2 daughters (4&8). Loved it, grit was created!

one of 101 most beautiful definitely amazing long steep hard AMAZING

Gorgeous! Not much to see on the way up.... But when you get there... It's a piece of heaven on earth! We were the only two there today for a while too!!

Great trail. Very steady incline, graceful and attainable. Save time to hang out at the lake. I made it up in 2 hours. Have fun!

A beach, a lake, and mountain views all in one. Worth the hike. Can get tiring, but would do again. Definitely worth it.

We hit the trailhead at 7:30am today (Saturday). The hike up was nicely shaded and we didn't see anyone on the trail until we got about 30 minutes from Sandbeach Lake. Its a great trail. You have quite a bit of incline along the way but it is followed by areas that flatten out. The trail is pretty rocky so you have to watch your foot holds. The Lake is beautiful. Lots of people who camped overnight were coming out and playing in the water as we were heading to hike back down the mountain. Adding this to my favorite list.

I loved this trail! It was challenging, but very much worth it. The lake is beautiful and it's nice to jump in when you get to the top. I thought the trail was beautiful too. Not many wildflowers or mountain views, but I loved all the trees! Most of the trail is in the shade which is nice too. I would definitely recommend this trail. I'm not sure why people writing these reviews seem to think it's a boring trail as far as scenery. It's nice and secluded surrounded by trees and there are some creeks along the way too. There are some mountain views towards the beginning. Make sure you plan for a long hike though. We started at 11, got to the lake around 2, left the lake around 3, and got back down around 5:45.

It was beautiful but very challenging for the novice like me. It was 5 miles up up up! The lake was gorgeous and so unique though.