Saint Vrain Mountain Trail

Saint Vrain Mountain Trail is a 8.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Allenspark, CO that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, cross country skiing, and snowshoeing.

NEED INPUT

I have a question concerning this trail and the connecting trails around it.
I'm attempting to plan a trip that connects Longs Peak to Waterton Canyon in Denver in order to mountain bike from Longs to Waterton Canyon and then the remainder of the Colorado Trail. I mainly just want to begin by summiting Longs Peak then hopping on the bike and heading down highway 7 until I'm out of RMNP and beginning a link of trails and gravel roads until I reach the Colorado Trail trailhead in Denver.
Is mountain biking allowed in this area? I'm from Oklahoma so I apologize for sounding uneducated about all of the regulations regarding mountain biking in certain areas in Colorado. I've been doing some research and have found that some people have mountain bikes some trails in this area, but I haven't found very conclusive answers on many of the trails.
If anyone would please help me out I'd really appreciate the help!

One of my favorite hikes yet. You hike through a bunch of aspen to start, and then the views above treeline are absolutely amazing. Great 360 view at the top of St vrain. Plenty of room to roam and explore at the base of the mountain. I highly recommend

Just amazing! Hiked while the aspens were changing color and 10/10 would hike again.

Beautiful hike through fall aspens. Stunning views once you break the tree line. My dog had the time of her life

Great hike or ski. You straddle the line between the southern RMNP boundary and the Indian Peaks Wilderness. Terrific views, do not forget the camera!

Beautiful trail up a mountain stream. We only went in @ 2 miles, just past the where the stream ends. Mostly uphill (at least the part we were on). This stands of Aspens which were quite stunning. And the stream had many beautiful resting areas with moss covered rocks under a thick forest of pine.

Saw a few people, but definitely an more remote trail.

Great hike. This hike didn't feel overly difficult to me, I suppose it got this rating due to the elevation gain. The first 1/3 or so seemed the hardest from a cardio / low oxygen standpoint then it gets easier. Trail was pretty rocky throughout.

I had intended to go to Meadow Mountain, accessible from this trail, but my directions were a bit vague and I never saw an obvious spot to veer onto another trail. I kept on the St Vrain trail past the "wildlife permit required / entering RMNP" sign and followed it out a ways to the peak of something, not quite sure what but it was spectacular.

I finished this hike in 4.5 hours RT, which included a leisurely lunch and lots of photo stops. I'm in pretty good shape, by no means an athlete. Went over July 4 weekend - 1st half of hike saw hardly anyone, saw maybe 15-20 hikers after a couple of hours on the trail. As I approached Meadow Mountain, there was still snow crossing the actual trail - kind of fun for July.