Saint Vrain Mountain Trail

Saint Vrain Mountain Trail is a 8.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Allenspark, Colorado that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Ward: Take CO 72 north to Peaceful Valley. Take Road #114 to its dead end at the trailhead (4WD recommended). Or you can hike the South St. Vrain trail to the trailhead from Peaceful Valley.

My husband and I went snowshoeing for the first time on this trail. The snowy conditions made parking kind of a pain, but the area was fun and definitely gives you that snowy Rocky Mountain feel. We walked a total of 3.6 miles on this trail (to and fro) and saw amazing sights despite the very deep snow and windy/snowy conditions. We also came across a moose and her calf!

NEED INPUT

I have a question concerning this trail and the connecting trails around it.
I'm attempting to plan a trip that connects Longs Peak to Waterton Canyon in Denver in order to mountain bike from Longs to Waterton Canyon and then the remainder of the Colorado Trail. I mainly just want to begin by summiting Longs Peak then hopping on the bike and heading down highway 7 until I'm out of RMNP and beginning a link of trails and gravel roads until I reach the Colorado Trail trailhead in Denver.
Is mountain biking allowed in this area? I'm from Oklahoma so I apologize for sounding uneducated about all of the regulations regarding mountain biking in certain areas in Colorado. I've been doing some research and have found that some people have mountain bikes some trails in this area, but I haven't found very conclusive answers on many of the trails.
If anyone would please help me out I'd really appreciate the help!

Snowy conditions on entire trail, was trudging through ankle to knee deep snow all the way up to the boulder field. Crampons recommended. Incredible views of neighboring peaks and Longs. East side hike so you're well protected from wind until reaching the ridge. Last 1/4-1/2 mile of road to trailhead parking lot had ~1' snow, 4WD recommended if you plan to park at trailhead.

One of my favorite hikes yet. You hike through a bunch of aspen to start, and then the views above treeline are absolutely amazing. Great 360 view at the top of St vrain. Plenty of room to roam and explore at the base of the mountain. I highly recommend

Just amazing! Hiked while the aspens were changing color and 10/10 would hike again.

Beautiful hike through fall aspens. Stunning views once you break the tree line. My dog had the time of her life

The trail head is not hard to find and a 2wd vehicle can certainly make it up there no problem. Steady incline until you reach St. Vrain, then there is no trail and it becomes all boulders. It is kindof a scramble to get up the mountain and there is not really a trail. Just go up! Took us 5 hrs total, but we went slow and took breaks. Great views of Longs and other beautiful mountains. Not a heavily populated trail.

Great hike or ski. You straddle the line between the southern RMNP boundary and the Indian Peaks Wilderness. Terrific views, do not forget the camera!

Awesome hike. Use Chris Barkers review for directions and it is easy to find trailhead. Mileage to top of St. Vrain is 9 miles out and back based on GPS. Trail is rocky, hence RMNP!

Beautiful trail up a mountain stream. We only went in @ 2 miles, just past the where the stream ends. Mostly uphill (at least the part we were on). This stands of Aspens which were quite stunning. And the stream had many beautiful resting areas with moss covered rocks under a thick forest of pine.

Saw a few people, but definitely an more remote trail.

Great hike! Beautiful view, easy enough for an afternoon. Even in late June, lots of snow.