Rolling Creek Trail

Rolling Creek Trail is a 7.1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Pine, CO that features a river. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking, walking, and camping.

This was a nice incline for trail running, just enough of a challenge and like others said, you pass over several steams which are pretty. Pretty well maintained trail, but then again I'm not too picky, I hopped over one tree that has fallen but that's kind of part of the experience if you ask me haha. Anyway, I ran 3 miles in and ran into one couple who said it goes on for many miles further past that. I decided to stop 3 miles in as I was short on time to keep exploring. Great day hike! Be careful on the road in. Pike national forests roads are badly washed so my Subaru made it but it was slow going; 4WD vehicles went much faster.

I completed this trail for a quick overnight backpacking trip. It was deceptively easy for the first couple miles...then quickly gets steep. Worth it, as it was a beautiful hike. Great campsite and open meadow (small but really pretty) at the top, about 1.5 miles from the Wigwam trail intersection. Lots of downed trees and someone fell through one of the foot bridges (she was ok) and made crossing the largest part of the creek pretty tricky. I'm not sure if it was maintainers or a courteous hiker, but someone marked the trail with three rocks...perfect little cairns just when I needed them! There was several times I wouldn't have known where the trail was without that...so, thank you to whomever did that!!

Great trail for a day hike or backpacking. After the first few miles it gets pretty steep. The trail could use some maintenance as there were a lot of large trees that had fallen over the path and several of the water crossings had rotted out. There are some great spots to camp in the back country and the views down into the valley are beautiful.

The first two and half miles are fairly moderate but the rest is all uphill. One of the most unique trails I've ever hiked. Well worth the work. Great campsite at the top.