Rock Creek Trail

Rock Creek Trail is a 3.5 mile out and back trail located near Lafayette, CO and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, horses, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

east county trail that follows the creek by farms This is a gentle trail that follows rock creek past farms and some construction businesses. Not much shade so prepare for hot in the summer and cold in the winter.

In an industrial area where there isn't any shade, so you're in the direct sun the entire time. I was running but it felt more like a trail for cycling.

easy walk among industrial parks. parts of the trail flooded and inaccessible.

Awesome! Ran this with my boys today. the trail meanders through the fields, underneath the highway in a secluded way, and we never were closer enough to any roads to disturb our run. We had the trail to ourselves and enjoyed a beautiful day!

I always connect this trail with the Coal Creek Trail. It is part of a loop that I call the Broomfield/Louisville Loop Trail. I have included a link so that you can view the entire loop and even download a guide to your iPhone or Android if you'd like.
The entire loop is 11.7 miles and is fairly easy. Thanks to good trail planning, you cross/ride on very few roads.