Red Rocks / Dakota Ridge Loop

Red Rocks / Dakota Ridge Loop is a 7.1 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Morrison, CO and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice long stroll type of a hike for the dog and I. Easy terrain and very beautiful, especially towards the end of the journey.

no good views.... but a good hike none the less

The trail itself was very nice. It was pretty and had a nice ambience. It was like a mini Mt Falcon or mini Mt Galbraith but even prettier. Just shorter.

The amount of mountain bikers was INSANE. I could not go 5 mins without having to stop to let some bikes barrel by. Some were nicer than others. Saw a runner get edged off the path at one point. Something really needs to be done about this. Maybe make the whole loop one way for hikers, runners, bikes, everyone. It was really annoying to having to watch in front and in back for bikes. At one point some were coming towards and from behind at the same time and had a little traffic jam while all I wanted was to make it back before the rain. I didn't encounter any off leash dogs, just a few leashed. I don't think I'll be returning here.

The trail itself is rather nice. The Morrison Slide leg has a rather steep climb initially. There are some very nice views from the top of the ridge. However, the trail is incredibly busy with bikers and dogs not on leash. The amount of traffic greatly detracts from the overall experience.

awesome hike! the view from the ridge was phenomenal! Dakota ridge trail was pretty hard at times because of the incline and rocky trail. I did the whole hike in 2 hours 45 minutes with plenty of stops for picture taking.

awesome day hike

I'd call this a medium as far as a challenge goes. There's some steep climbs but they don't last very long. There isn't alot of hike on the trail, all in all we did get a decent workout with this one. It took us a little under 2 hours to complete, and we were happy get into the air conditioned car. I'd suggest going early in the morning as it will get hot.
There was decent scenery and we did see a deer on the walk.