Red Rocks Campground

Red Rocks Campground is a 2.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Woodland Park, CO that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from May until October. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

The area is gorgeous and contains many trails and forks in the path to travel. The area is gorgeous and contains many trails and forks in the path to travel across the "campgrounds". Though this has a campground there is not a lot camping locations and the same road for the campgrounds is used for the various homes and horse pastures. The trails are not marked and they can be a little difficult to see but the rocks, surrounding forest, and views of the valley are amazing. Its off the beaten path but its worth a morning or afternoon hike.

Easy hike to the Red Rocks. Red Rocks are Beautiful. Multiple trail options from there.

I moved to Colorado from Texas a week before this hike. This little hike was just what I needed to get me started out. I took my dog and we did about .8 miles to the Red Rocks. Total round trip was about 1.5 miles. Enjoyed it.

Nice little hike with my dog. We went about 2 miles. The trails are not marked so beware but most are very well traveled and obvious with the exception of the more wooded areas. Make sure you have your gps handy. The rocks are SO cool to explore. I went on a Monday afternoon weekends are probably busier since it is pretty close to town (Woodland Park). There is electric wires that run through the trails and a lot of down barbed wire right in the middle of trails but just look out.

We really enjoyed our time here. We have a four year old and it was wonderful to see his excitement as he explored the red rocks and crevices/crags. He called them caves. Our 14 and 19 year olds also enjoyed the adventure. It was sad to see so many trees cut down but it was still a beautiful place. We look forward to going back and maybe have a picnic.

Was awesome before the forest service had a company come in and cut most of the trees down, then they used a masticator to chunk up the slash, tough walking/riding through there now. Rocks are still beautiful but they have ruined the forest :(