Rainbow Gulch

Rainbow Gulch is a 2.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Woodland Park, Colorado that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

My dogs and I love this trail. We hiked today (2.20.17) and parts of the trail were still covered in snow and ice. Someone also built a pretty cool TeePee structure in the middle of the field.

Super beautiful trail, was icy at first but then softened up. Great views of the river that feeds the reservoir. The trail then opens up to reservoir and that was a sight to see. Our dogs loved playing it the water (not the fast flowing areas) and even walked on the frozen water! I highly recommend this trail!

Even with all the snow it is still a great hike. Only thing to be aware of is you need to be a little more careful as some spots do have sheets of ice. But as long as you are paying attention and go slow over those spots they are not that bad.

Absolutely beautiful .. great trail and the reservoir at the end is amazing ;)

Wonderful hike at Rainbow Gulch with my hubby today! Will definitely be back!

Great trail to acclimate yourself to the higher altitude hiking. I came out here with the intention of seeing the aspen groves but most all had already shed their leaves (10-14-16). Cute stream runs through... take the RIGHT trail at the mouth for a more rugged experience or the LEFT for a less rugged time. The reservoir is very low so you can see all the water lines, very cool! Will definitely do this trail again.

It was a great easy hike, out of the way enough that it wasn't crazy crowded. Once you meet the stream there is a trail on either side of the stream, the trail to the left is wider and had some great views of the aspens changing, but the trail to the right was still very easy to hike and a little more covered if you're into hiding from the sun like we are. Very enjoyable hike, would definitely take my visiting friends on this since it's not too hard and there's not much elevation gain.

Absolutely beautiful!

Great hike for kids. Went up on 9/24. Beautiful color all around.

Great Walk. Stay to the right of the creek. Much more trail like than the left side. Loved listening to the rushing water and the beautiful views from the lake. Will return in a few weeks when the Aspen turn. (Mid to Late September) Will be even more beautiful!

Great, easy trail. There was quite a bit of traffic, but there are some beautiful spots along the way to rest and take pictures. Will definitely do this one again.

I picked a perfect day for taking this trail with my dog! Trees, flowers, grass were still lush. This was my first hike since having a total hip replacement in June. It was do-able, though I could not make the full distance this time. I'm looking forward to trying again in a couple weeks and getting all the way down to the reservoir.