Rabbit Ears Peak Trail

Rabbit Ears Peak Trail is a 5.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Walden, CO that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from June until August.

Great views! Love being able to take the dogs up with me.

Tried to 4x4 up the road, had to stop, and hike the rest. It was absolutely beautiful.

Great hike with beautiful views and wildflowers along the path. We saw a herd of sheep and lots of chipmunks. The last part of the hike is steep, but manageable. There was a problem with the location where the alltrails app placed the trailhead- it showed as just short of the peak.

Great hike! Moose, Moose and calf, humming birds and bees on the flowers, and chipmunks galore.
Hiked it with my 10 and 12 year old boys, all the way to the top. I would definitely rate it as moderate. It is very steep in areas. NOTE: don't let the small part of scrambling at the top keep you from the ears. You scramble about 5-7 feet up and then have a flat path to the edge of the ears. My 10 yr old lead the way! Amazing views in all directions!!

Spectacular

I found this to be a fairly easy hike I could see how some would say moderate.. It is steep in a few spots and loose rock. We saw lots of beautiful wild flowers. I expected it to be a packed hike, but it wasn't too bad. It was great to see a few family's out and about in nature. The Views are gorgeous and definitely worth it... I can't wait to go back.

This would be rated as moderate. That's what locals seem to classify it. Beautiful views, however. Definitely worth it!

Rated easy but should be moderate.
Uphill the last 1/2 mile.
Spectacular views.

A little misleading, I was 6.3 miles out and back from the parking lot. Not exactly an "easy" hike, but only in a couple of steep, slippery slopes. Would definitely do it again!