Quartz Lake Trail

Quartz Lake Trail is a 8.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Pagosa Springs, Colorado that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from July until September.

A very good hike with a diverse scenery. Lots of cool wild life too. I would not say that this is a hard hike. My girlfriend, our 2 dogs, the Pomeranian and I did it in 4 1/2 hours an even had a nice lunch up at the lake. The trail head is marked as Little Blanco.

This was my first backpacking trip. I went with my ex who is an experienced backpacker/survival guide. It was extremely challenging. I did injure myself on this trip (my own fault). When we were in sight of the lake, I got off the trail, slipped on some loose gravel, and went down deeply cutting my knee (so be careful!). Good thing we had a good first-aid kit. We ended up staying and camping out that night since we had worked so hard to get there. Beautiful lake. Not a lot of loose firewood. Definitely not for beginners. We had a herd of elk come through our campsite that night.