Quandary Peak Trail

Quandary Peak Trail is a 6.2 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Breckenridge, Colorado that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

ice climbing

rock climbing

skiing

snowboarding

Quandary's east ridge route gets very crowded on summer weekends.

It took us almost 4h to get to the top and 2 to get back to the car. Lots of layers,sturdy hiking boots and hiking poles are recomended and do not forget hats and gloves, it was preatty windy and chilly at times. Plenty of water and a light snack will do you good because you will stop quite a few times .... unles you are some kind of monster .... This was our first 14er and we enjoyed every step although it kicked our buts, but like they say .... "no pain no gain" Enjoy your hike everyone :)

Beautiful trail till you get above the tree line, then very rocky. The Mountain Goats made it all worth it.

I agree with most of the reviews in that this hike is relatively easy for a 14er, but still very challenging. The trail is very rocky so good hiking boots are a must. Excellent views!

Easy for a 14er peak, but everyone knows there is no easy 14er!!! Loved the slow start through the woods, once you get into the meadows the trail really starts to climb up to the summit. Crowded the entire way, with humans and mountain goats, both will charge, you have been warned. My total time hiking was less than 4 hours and only took 2 hours to summit. Remember, you are hiking in the Rocky Mountain's, so the trails typically are rocky ((KRISTIN))

This trail is very very rocky! It's pretty much a scramble all the way up. I guess I'd say about 1mile in thats wooded and then it becomes rocks. Makes the trail much more difficult. I hiked on Saturday morning and the weather was great. A little snow up top which became slush on our way down. Made it harder to get down bc of the rocks and slush you were just skidding. It took us about 2.5 hrs to summit and almost the same to get down. The view was amazing and very glad I did it. But because of the rocks I would not do it again. My dog did very well though and it was not very busy. Best part was going into Breckenridge after and eating at Flip Side! Great beers and truffle fries are a must! If you are ok with a scramble check it out, if not steer clear!

Holy smokes this one kicked my ass. Straight up almost! Maybe I'm a wuss, I don't know. So worth it though. Breathtaking views the whole way up!

Did this hike 10-2-16. Started at 8:10am & summited at 12:30pm. I'd rank it more intermediate even though a lot of websites say it's one of the easier 14ers in Co. I had to take multiple stops the last mile up. I've done a lot of hiking the last few months & I'm in good shape. This was harder than I thought. Fantastic views at the top. Took 2 hours to descend.

The last bit is super steep and difficult...but the views from the top and along the way were worth it!

Did it as a teenager in the 90's - amazing