Pulpit Rock Park Trail

Pulpit Rock Park Trail is a 4.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Colorado Springs, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

A hidden gem in the downtown Colorado Springs area. The park is a network of many small trails, with the highlight being the climb to the Pulpit Rock ridge line. The top provides beautiful views of the Rockies. The climb is of moderate difficulty, with the perimeter trails being an easy walk.

1 hour ago

We had issues figuring out where the trails were. But a great hike.

Not strenuous but trails aren't really marked. Beautiful views and def one I'll go back to

Good trail. Poorly marked.

Great trail. Only reason I don't give it 5 stars is due to a lack of any markings. Got off track a few times.

Very close to UCCS, good view of the front range and not too difficult to climb up the rock

It's a beautiful trail. Hiking up to the top is fairly easy and the view is immensely beautiful and serene. Watch out for rattlesnakes sunning.

Nice area for quick jaunts. It's nice to branch off this particular loop, and the rock formations at the top are interesting. There are some fun geocaches in the area for those who partake.

Quiet, not crowded. Slippery trails getting to the actual rock.

The trail is so developed, but I followed the map and it worked fine though sometimes I went off track and that's because there weren't any signs along the trail.

First of all, the trails are in awful shape. The primary ones are at least wide enough, but the trail marked on this app going clockwise up to the top is less of a hiking trail and more of a water runoff or game trail. I was often trekking through tall grass on a very narrow trail, and I was worried I would run into rattlesnakes given the fact that I was essentially walking in untouched area. Second, the trailhead marked on this app is in a neighborhood, and there are at least three better options that each have public parking lots. I recommend finding one of those then taking the trail counter-clockwise up to the top. Overall, I'm not impressed, and while the views were fine enough, I'm not likely to do this one again.