Poplar Gulch

Poplar Gulch is a 5.8 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Nathrop, CO that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and mountain biking and is accessible from July until October.

5.8 miles 2342 feet Point to Point

The trail climbs pretty steeply up to a ridge, and then down the other side into South Cottonwood Canyon.

off road driving

At the risk of getting lynched, I rode the trail on my dirt bike (KTM 520 - it is open to motorcycles). The trail is definitely technical (3.5/5), a little more so if you're coming from the north. There are lots of loose uphill sections with exposed roots and a couple of stream crossings.
I wouldn't recommend it for a dual sport ride, but it's a lot of fun on a decent trailbike.

Great hike. Beautiful meadow. Place is crazy with ATVs but not on the trail.

Great hike, not used to the altitude and had to take breaks every 50 feet near the top. Well worth it though!

Poplar Gulch was a great morning hike despite the steep trek nearly the entire time (2200 feet elevation gain in about three miles). There are nice views at the top (as you can see in the pictures). It is well worth your time and energy.

This was an awesome hike! We hiked it one way and one of our members offered to drive around and pick us up. At the ridge, me and another one in our group headed up the ridge towards Princeton (backside) following a small steep trail. Definitely worth the extra climb. Got a super view of the backside of Princeton and saw many other peaks. The way down was a nice change from the steep uphill that was earlier. Overall very steep, but worth it.