Point Lookout Trail

Point Lookout Trail is a 2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Mesa Verde National Park, CO that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from April until October.

Directions from Morefield Campground: Point Lookout Trailhead is in the northern corner of Morefield Campground.

If you camp at Morefeild CG it is a must do.
Great views from a High point !!

Great views. USGS Benchmark.

Great views and a USGS Benchmark.

Endless views and a feel that you are on top of the world! A favorite hike for the reason stated. The hike was completed in approximately an hour, we spent about 10 minutes taking in the view. The first half is a steeper climbs with switchbacks. The trail is well marked. It could be a challenge if you are out of shape. However in the hiking world it is an easy hike ( not a walk).

Great view, nice hike

This is one of my favorite trails ever. Camped here with my parents and brother when I was a kid. Came back and camped with my wife of 34 years and hiked this trail. Great memories of this beautiful place in God's creation!

Great hike and beautiful view.

Moderately strenuous switchbacks left me wondering if we'd ever get to the top, but when we finally did, we got a great view of the sunrise. Faces northeast, toward the snowcaps. From the visitor center, this is a prominent and interesting landmark... Standing on top of it is even better.