Pinewood Lake Trail

Pinewood Lake Trail is a 5.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Loveland, CO that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

canoeing

fly fishing

whitewater kayaking

Includes Besant Point Trail (2.6 miles) and Shoshone Trail (1.5 miles). Besant Point Trail includes two wheelchair-accessible segments at either end. Requires Larimer County vehicle permit.

I took really long and strenuous hike's in Estes Park all week so I was looking for something easy and relaxing. Happy I found this spot.

It's a really easy, relatively short route. I sat next to the Lake towards the end and read a book and just enjoyed the scenery.

Be Advised: You will need a one day parking permit which will cost you 7$.

Beautiful day - loved the variety of plants and birds, smell of pine. quiet and peaceful - although dozens of people were on the reservoir fishing, kayaking, and paddle boarding, I didn't encounter a single person on the trail. the first portion on the Shoshone trail is moderately strenuous uphill, but after that things planned out around the reservoir. Great place to stretch your legs, enjoy the scenery, and fill your senses

it's a nice trail for horses, but it is short. there is a long wooden bridge over wetlands that I get off the horse and walk

Easy trail for young children walking with us. Lots of beautiful flowers and butterflies. Deer flies were a bit bothersome down by the water. We only encountered one couple on the Shoshone Trail. Be sure to buy your day pass down at CR 31 North Entrance Station. Next time we will pack our fishing poles and stay the day.

Very beautiful and quiet, more fishers than anything though.

Pretty hike

Easy hike for cooler days (would be hot in summer). There's a little climb with some shade on the Shoshone Trail otherwise it's just a long loop around the reservoir. Took just about two and a half hours including drive time from my home in Loveland.

I didn't know this was here but it's a great little hike. The trail map doesn't show it but there is a small trail that follows the road between both trail heads, so you can actually hike all the way around the lake and stay on the path the whole time.

Took my two-year-old for a short hike on a warm day up in the snow. This is a nice area and a nice easy trail. The trail is well marked and maintained. There's a nice rocky point just off the Shoshone trail with a nice view. We were there on a somewhat windy day, but once we made it over the dam the wind was not a problem. Permits are available up the road at Flatiron Reservoir. Great hike for a family with small kids!