EveryTrail is now a part of AllTrails! Please click here to read more.

Peaks Trail

Peaks Trail is a 15.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Breckenridge, CO that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

This is a classic out and back trail that you can start from either Frisco or Breckenridge. This trail description starts at the trailhead near Main St. in Frisco.

Ran from Frisco to Breck. Very hard first 4 or 5 miles. But very beautiful trail and well maintained.

Fantastic! Beautiful day, lots of elements - creeks, rocks, flowers, views, and even a Moose! As far as we can tell it's actually a 10 mile hike!

We walked the entire trail from Breck to Frisco with my 9 year old. Really nice walk, mostly downhill going in this direction. Took lots of breaks and walked pretty slow. It took us 5 hours from point to point. There is no snow on this trail

My 9 year old and I hiked about 3 miles into the trail and had a fantastic time. So beautiful! Met friendly people along the way, some walking dogs, some on bikes. Varying terrain kept the walk really interesting.

Only did 2.4 miles of the trail we went with my cousin and his kids and the kids lost interest fast but what we did was really great!!!! Will defiantly do it again!!

Hiked this trail from Breckenridge to Frisco yesterday and enjoyed it but got conflicting and inaccurate info about trailheads so wasted a little time searching. In Breckenridge, exit gondola at peak 7, go around to front of hotels, turn left and follow Ski Hill Rd north, trailhead is on left past Grand Lodge. From behind hotels access is not marked and difficult to find if you are unfamiliar with area. In Frisco, turn right then left out of parking lot, main street is about 4 blocks ahead. Cross Main and turn right to catch bus back to Breck, stop is currently on Main between 6th and 7th avenues. Once on trail, it was well marked and pleasant although a little crowded with mountain bikers.

I have only hiked sections of this trail as it's super long but it's beautiful no matter where u jump on !! Bring a camera !!

Great 10m hike through snow fields and frozen streams. Would have brought ski shoes but overall the best winter hike we have ever done.

I learned what "technical trail" means on this BIKE ride. I'm usually a hiker, but for my birthday I attempted to bike this from Breck to Frisco. I crashed twice. LOL Got some nice bruises. Its a TOUGH trail to bike, wish I'd hiked it, but wanted it to go faster for other birthday day plans.

Disappointed that you are cut off from the views of the spectaular Breckenridge mountains for the majority of the hike - one area is barren from needing to be cut down due to a tree disease.

All that said, it is worth doing and glad I did it.

NOTE: It is better to go from Breckenridge TO Frisco, than Frisco to Breck, as B to F is mostly downhill, I wouldn't want to have done it in the other direction.

There are some beautiful resting spots along the way. And its popular so a bit crowded.

Trailhead is right at the Grand Lodge on Peak 7 - if you aren't an owner there, it is worth a look inside. Just a tip.

This trail was a lot of fun on snowshoes. Going from Breck to Frisco it's pretty mellow. It seems like there's less climbing than going the other direction. If you park in the Gondola parking lot in Breck you can take the gondola up right near the trailhead and then take a bus from Frisco to get back to the lot.

An interesting point-to-point hike from Frisco to Breckenridge, CO along the peaks trail path. Since it is a very long one, I would consider it a Moderate one, and could be quite boring for children after a couple of hours. It is a great workout. The only problem is that you would need a couple of cars or have someone pick you up when getting into Breck.

Rode this trail twice last year and once this year. Love the tougher parts and the easy downhill areas and the bridges across streams. Would recommend this trail for anyone.

Went from Breck to Frisco. Mostly uphill the beginning 3 miles but not too tough, there's lots of flat area to rest your legs after uphill pushes. Beautiful overlook 3.5 miles in where the trail begins to go downhill. Some technical spots but a really fun fairly easy ride down. You'll need to watch for hikers and other mountain bikers as the trail is fairly busy during the the summer. There's lots of wooden bridges that go across pretty creeks and you also ride by rainbow lake near Frisco. Trails begin to split a lot here so make sure you check and stay on the right one.

Did this as a snowshoe day of Ullr fest in Breck. Well packed trail. Took exactly 3 hours from frisco. I understand mountain bikers dominate it in the summer months. Since found I prefer to take Gold Hill junction and avoid the crowds.

We parked a vehicle at the bottom in Frisco and trucked out bikes up to the top in Breckenridge. The first 3 miles were rolling hills pretty moderate, but it kicked my butt because I am not in the best shape. The last 6 miles was all down hill with some technical stuff like roots, rocks and some dirt hills that we used as jumps. All the way down the trail runs parallel to a nice stream. Very beautiful scenery and almost majestic is some places. If you are a die hard rider or hiker you can go up from Frisco to Breck, but you won't see me doing that. Great Great trail, my favorite so far.

PS. Sorry for the Duplicate pictures, there were technical difficulties.

We do this bike ride atleast once a year. Great views. A little to close to the highway at times but good for a family ride