Peak 10 Trail

Peak 10 Trail is a 12.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Breckenridge, CO that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October.

off road driving

Had to bail on the Ten Mile Traverse the day before due to bad weather, so Iain and I decided to do this one as a day hike, mostly to get our gear drop that we had left the night before. Turned out to be a great little hike. At altitude so watch yourself. We also saw a moose. Sweet hike overall.

Didn't use the trail(service road) just hiked straight to the saddle between 9 and 10. Peak 9 had a perfect snow line up it's North face so I decided to climb it instead. Had ice ax and crampons with me so it seemed like the only logical decision.

off road driving

Absolutely amazing views of Lake Dillon and Breckenridge. I completed the trail all the way to the rundown tower at the top with only minor scrapes on my skid plate. The switchbacks to the very top are a little frightening but well worth it for the view. I completed it in my TRD Pro 4Runner. I recommend high clearance and 4x4 for sure.