Parmalee Trail Loop

Parmalee Trail Loop is a 3.1 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Morrison, CO and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and mountain biking and is accessible from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The Parmalee loop is a very popular hike in the Mount Falcon area, boasting moderate elevation change and diverse scenery. Excellent bird's eye views of the 285 canyon make this a must hike trail for most skill levels. The trail heads are located near the restrooms at the west parking lot and about the middle of the Meadows trail. A majority of the wildlife congregates in the western portion of the trail. You are likely to come across entire herds of deer that seem not to be concerned with the presence of people.

For a video overview of the trail please visit my YouTube channel OneSunChaser
and select the trail from the Mount Falcon playlist.

#Hiking #Colorado #GetOutSide #Adventure #Nature

Beautiful and easy hike. It is not well marked in a couple areas but you should have cell service to find your way.

...

Loved this hike! There was plenty of sun and shade, and plenty of uphill and downhill. It seemed like the perfect fall day hike! And the Tower had amazing views!

Breathtaking beautiful. The smell of pine trees and I saw a deer!

I would consider it a moderate trail since the last 2 miles are uphill. otherwise the beginning is really easy! Definitely pay attention to the signage. Really good workout!

Quite nice! Not difficult and all the people we passed were very friendly which made for a nice day. We took our dog and she too enjoyed it! The views were great although the signage was a little interesting. The map at the start helped a lot and I would recommend grabbing one as you depart as there are some turns ou need to take.

Nice trail for our family, have to watch out for bikes.

Nice mix of sun and shade and great views. Busy trail. Doable hike with kiddos.

Nice trail with shade and some views. 5yr old completed with little complaint. I would prob rate as moderate with 500'or so elevation change.

Great summer hike because of the wild flowers, and there is a nice mix of sun and shade so it's not too hot. Take the Tower Trail up to the picnic area that used to be a cabin, there are great views!

Great trail for a quick day hike. Also easy for the doggies.

This was a great trail for a midday, impromptu hike/trail run! Strenuous, but nothing too crazy :-) This has beautiful views and cool photo ops! I'll bring my dog next time for sure!

Great first hike for my 4-year old son. Just the right amount of terrain, declines and inclines. The views are spectacular! 6/28/16

after a long hiatus from hicking, this was tough, even the pamphlet states most difficult, don't know why it rated easy. Alot of up hill. it did have some beautiful views!

This one starts out slow with a long wide trail that small vehicles could theoretically use so I was worried it wouldn't keep my little one interested for long, and it didn't. She saw it more as a big sand box and kept stopping to play in the dirt. However, I'm so happy we hung in there! Once you turn on to Parmalee Trail off of Meadow Trail, the fun really begins. This single track has changing views and a wide range of birds to look for. We even saw a wild turkey! I would consider this leaning towards more of a moderate trail since there are a few rocky parts and steep-ish inclines. My 3 year old got through it and enjoyed it (in 3 hours) but I wouldn't take my 70+ dad (who's active but with bad knees) on this trail. It wasn't crowded and the few mtn bikers we came across had to go slow because of the terrain anyway so there were no worries there. I would definitely recommend this trail!