Panorama Point Trail

Panorama Point Trail is a 4.8 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Golden, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until November.

This was an ok hike. Nice little outing to get outside and get moving. Relatively easy. Would recommend for families with little ones.

I woke up and knew right away that it was one of those days where I just really needed to find myself. This trail caught my eye on AllTrails and I knew it was the one. I went with my significant other and we had such a magical time. The slopes were not too steep, not too flat, they were just right. It gives your thighs the perfect burn. If I were to rate this trail I would say solid 7. Would bang for sure.

It was the perfect hike for seeing the changing leaves. Many of the Aspens were a gorgeous yellow. We took the Mule Deer trail to the Panama point parking lot which has a nice viewing deck. We would have done the full loop, but the Broncos played at 2. Nice for families with small kids.

Really nice hike! Just 50 minutes from Denver. Good mix of forest and woodsy scenery, with great views of the foothills and various parts of the Rockies when at the top at Panorama Point. One decent incline at times, but would rate this as easy for an experienced hiker, with more than enough beauty to look at.

my son and I had a great time on this trail. perfect balance of challenge and casual.

This trail was very confusing - it seems poorly marked (park maps vs. trail signs) and, frankly, borderline dangerous for that reason.

The park literature lists it as a "moderate" loop trail that starts at Revends Run Campground, follows Raccoon Trail and towards the end includes a view from Panorama Point. It says the loop start to finish is 2.2 miles. But that's not the case - at least if you're judging by the signs on the trail. It took a while to do the upper portion of the loop, much farther you'd expect for a 2.2 mile trail. Then at Panorama Point, it said there was still 2.3 miles to go back to the campground. Um, what?

We did this trail in about 3-1/2 hours, which is twice as long as we'd planned judging by park literature. We also had a child with us, who luckily did OK on such a long hike. We didn't bring much food or water, since we were expecting a short 2.2 mile loop.

It's a gorgeous hike, don't get me wrong. But just be warned it is more than twice as long as the state park literature claims.

Great trail with amazing views. Take a deep breath and a camera gorgeous!