Panorama Point Trail

Panorama Point Trail is a 4.8 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Golden, CO that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from April until November.

This was an ok hike. Nice little outing to get outside and get moving. Relatively easy. Would recommend for families with little ones.

I woke up and knew right away that it was one of those days where I just really needed to find myself. This trail caught my eye on AllTrails and I knew it was the one. I went with my significant other and we had such a magical time. The slopes were not too steep, not too flat, they were just right. It gives your thighs the perfect burn. If I were to rate this trail I would say solid 7. Would bang for sure.

It was the perfect hike for seeing the changing leaves. Many of the Aspens were a gorgeous yellow. We took the Mule Deer trail to the Panama point parking lot which has a nice viewing deck. We would have done the full loop, but the Broncos played at 2. Nice for families with small kids.

Really nice hike! Just 50 minutes from Denver. Good mix of forest and woodsy scenery, with great views of the foothills and various parts of the Rockies when at the top at Panorama Point. One decent incline at times, but would rate this as easy for an experienced hiker, with more than enough beauty to look at.

my son and I had a great time on this trail. perfect balance of challenge and casual.

This trail was very confusing - it seems poorly marked (park maps vs. trail signs) and, frankly, borderline dangerous for that reason.

The park literature lists it as a "moderate" loop trail that starts at Revends Run Campground, follows Raccoon Trail and towards the end includes a view from Panorama Point. It says the loop start to finish is 2.2 miles. But that's not the case - at least if you're judging by the signs on the trail. It took a while to do the upper portion of the loop, much farther you'd expect for a 2.2 mile trail. Then at Panorama Point, it said there was still 2.3 miles to go back to the campground. Um, what?

We did this trail in about 3-1/2 hours, which is twice as long as we'd planned judging by park literature. We also had a child with us, who luckily did OK on such a long hike. We didn't bring much food or water, since we were expecting a short 2.2 mile loop.

It's a gorgeous hike, don't get me wrong. But just be warned it is more than twice as long as the state park literature claims.

Great trail with amazing views. Take a deep breath and a camera gorgeous!

I was thrown for a loop when we pulled into the parking lot that is known as "panorama point". That fact alone took my rating way down...I was anticipating hiking up to a viewpoint. Great views from the start dropping down into the valley floor via the raccoon/mule deer trails. All and all a good excursion if you are in the area but not a hike to seek out.

Wow! Loved, LOVED this gorgeoous trail! Woodsy and rocky in places with a wonderful view of the surrounding mountains. A couple of steep sections but nothing too crazy. Beautiful wild flowers along the way. Great trail on super sunny days, the trees give a nice cover. Panorama Point is also fun with picnic tables and a nice deck overlooking the mountains. We followed the Raccoon loop which didn't feel like 7 miles, but who counts miles or keeps tabs on the time when surrounded by such beauty! The Raccoon trail also leads to a campground, which we later drove to while exploring the area - will definitely go back to walk that section of the trail as well!

Beautiful! Some challenging steep parts but the views were so worth it!

Outstanding trail. Saw some columbines in the lower elevations. Aspens at upper. Payoff at Panorama Point is great. Saw a few flat-landers, like myself on the trail and many were huffing and puffing. Lots of elevation changes but nothing extreme. It is very important, especially if you are from lower elevations to bring lots of water and stay hydrated. I took two 750ml bottles of water in a backpack. Drank one on the way to the point (from Reverend's Ridge) and one on the way back and barely had enough. Next day rode mountain bike on road up the point in a fraction of the time (especially all downhill coming back). Great hike.

Close to Denver with amazing views

This loop trail is the same as the Mule Deer/Raccoon/Coyote trail loop which includes panorama point. Trail was a bit icy past panorama point to the east and I almost lost the trail at one point. Otherwise, you have amazing views at several locations along the loop and there is a good mix of pine forest, aspen forest and prairie.

Not sure why the Mule deer trail isn't listed on this site. It is a great trail in the park. Parking at the Panorama Point lot starts the tails as it combines with the Raccoon trail but quickly the two split. My friends and I snowshoed this trail Jan 25, 2015 and the snow did not disappoint. This would be a good trail for a beginner to snowshoeing, but I'd suggest some hiking legs! Over all, this is a really nice trail- winter, summer, spring or fall.

Golden Gate Canyon State Park is a jewel in the Colorado State Park system. It has many great trails, but this loop trail goes through wonderful Ponderosa Pine and Aspen forests. The trail has some parts sand as well as rock, but none of it is difficult or dangerous. I would carry at least two bottles of water-perhaps some Gatorade. There are several points where you can park and join the trail, so take a look at the Golden Gate Canyon State Park website. But in addition to a wonderful quiet hike, with a number of vistas, you will have the opportunity to stop at Panorama Point. This is one of the most spectacular views in the front range. From it you see north to Estes cone, Twin sisters and Long's Peak. You then look west to the Continental Divide, and Southwest to Grays and Torays Peaks. Further south you can see Mt. Evans.

Another benefit-if you reserve it far enough in advance is the great camping facilities at Reverend's Ridge in Golden Gate Canyon State Park.