Ouzel Falls Trail

Ouzel Falls Trail is a 5.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Allenspark, CO that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and horses and is accessible from June until November. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Take Hyw. 7 south out of Lyons, past Allenspark, to Wild Basin Trailhead.

great hike in shade and close to water

Nice trail. Easy... wouldn't call this moderate. 4 only because the falls weren't all they were hyped up to be. Better in spring in sure. Regardless nice easy hike on a gorgeous fall day!

Great waterfall hike!

Nice easy hike by the stream with good tree coverage. Beautiful falls and brave chipmunks, watch your toes.

Very easy hike. I would hesitate to call it moderate, but it is a bit longer than most easy hikes. Great nature scapes and pretty cool falls. Highly recommended. Don't feed the chipmunks!

a relatively easy hike with nice shade almost the entire time. beautiful waterfall and flowing water views and great signage to keep you going in the right direction.

Went on this day hike with a couple friends. We had a great time. Between Copeland Falls, Calypso Cascades, and Ouzel Falls you get a trio of scenic views that I can't wait to go see again.

Amazing hike! A lake on the way too. Plus other cascades. So worth it!

Picked the worst day to hike this trail - Labor Day. Tons of people! Ridiculous!!! We thought all of the weekend visitors would be heading home by then. Wrong! I had no idea this area was so popular. We actually tried to hike it the day prior too and it was so crowded that the ranger wouldn't let us past his gate to park at the trail head. He said if we wanted to walk (2 miles) to the trail head we could do that. We decided to hike Sandbeach Lake Trail that day instead and still had to park down the road a ways since it's parking lot was also full.

The day we hiked Ouzel Falls the parking lot was again full but the ranger let us in. We still had to park off the road about 1.5 miles away from the trail head and walk in/out.

As far as the trail itself goes, it was good. However, I wouldn't have given it a rating of "easy" like the reviews stated prior to us hiking it. There was some incline and quite a few steps. It follows and crosses several rivers and there are some nice views of adjacent peaks throughout. Not sure if there would be a good time to hike this trail due to the amount of people so I don't know if I'll be back. Could try snow shoeing in winter but parking is a mile further back than the summer parking lot. Not sure I'll be back!

Gorgeous views if you take the longer loop back! Not too crowded even on a holiday weekend. Thoroughly enjoyed the hike :)

Absolutely Amazing

One of my favorite hikes in Colorado! Great day trip from the front range and a fairly easy hike for out of state guests with moderate fitness. There are three water falls (at the beginning, middle and end) that are encouragement to continue on. The partial shade, the proximity to the river, and the elevation keep it cooler than other hikes.

Beautiful walk through the woods!

Nice hike. Beautiful views

Well-traveled trail from Allen Park trailhead with many people at cascades and falls on a summer Saturday.

The falls are beautiful and safe for horses. My green 4 y got practice with water crossings and steps. They were beginning to replace washed out bridge to be able to continue on. Hikers were polite.

Beautiful hike. Went all the way to the lake and it was definitely worth the extra couple miles!

Yep.