Ormes Peak Trail

Ormes Peak Trail is a 0.6 mile out and back trail located near Colorado Springs, CO that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from May until October.

Putting this review here because I went to this trail trying to climb .6 miles up to Ormes Peak. Not sure if Ormes is near by or what, but I ended up climbing 2.38 miles to what I believe is Cascades Mountain, on the Heizer trail. The waypoint mark on the map seems to be a little off trail...
That being said, it was a nice trail that starts off pretty easy and gets more moderate. The trailhead is in a residential area up a one lane road on a hill. Only enough parking for about 5-6 vehicles, so get there early. I was glad I brought my walking sticks for the slippery loose rock on the way down. I packed out the only piece of litter I saw, and the highway noise disappears fairly quickly up the trail. The dog and I enjoyed our hike and the amazing view of Pikes Peak at the top.