Old Dillon Reservoir Trail

Old Dillon Reservoir Trail is a 1.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Dillon, Colorado and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from May until October.

Directions from Silverthorne: Travel east on U.S. 6. In Dillon, turn right onto the Dillon Dam road. Follow the Dillon Dam road approximately 2 miles . The trailhead is on the right, near Heaton Bay Campground.

A short easy walking for all. The view of Dillon lake from the top is so peaceful and picture perfect.

This is very quick so do it just because you're in it for the views, not the workout. It was crystal clear today and the views out over the reservoir were incredible. Kids could do this easily.

Fantastic hike with my friend from San Diego. Even though he is completely out of shape we completed the hike in a reasonable amount of time. Would recommend this hike for any level of hiker; child, novice, or fatty.

Easy and fun

Our first day in the mountains with a 9-year-old dog in tow. We were looking for a nice short hike to get acclimated. This was it! There were pretty views from all around the old reservoir. Highly recommend for all levels.

Really pretty. Had a large family, including children with us. It was good for all of us.

I must say this experience was one that I wasn't expecting. We camped at Old Dillon Reservoir Trail. It rained, sleeted, and snowed all in one night. However, I really enjoyed it! We were able to set up camp before the weather took place and had a nice camp fire. In the morning is where we took a hike around the Reservoir and it was completely gorgeous. People were out fishing, hiking, and canoeing. It was one beautiful hike and I would recommend any and everyone to take a blanket with you so that you can lay down in the sun and watch the beautiful surrounding mountains and lakes and take in nature.

easy hike windy as heck at top