North Rock Creek Trail

North Rock Creek Trail is a 7.9 mile out and back trail located near Silverthorne, CO that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from December until February.

Terrific, easy trail with a ton of wildlife. I saw grouse, hummingbirds, woodpeckers, hawks, and a bunch of different small birds. There were cars and campsites on the 4x4 road up to the actual trailhead, (I don't advise taking a low-clearance car up this road to get to the trailhead though), I hiked up it and only saw one other person on this entire trail. It was beautiful and peaceful at the top.

We completed this hike in June 2015. Beautiful wildflower viewing and we spotted a moose cow and her young one in one of the Kettle Ponds. The hike gets fairly steep at some points but the lake at the end is worth it!

Well we were trying to get on the trail to go to Boulder Lake but ended up not taking the right turn. So we ended up on this trail, which leads to an old mining area. Very pretty this time of year. Saw some grouse and deer and no other human activity (which was nice). Pretty easy hike with a few inclines and muddy areas. Would defiantly do it again.