Mount Morrison Trail

Mount Morrison Trail is a 3.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Morrison, CO that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and birding and is accessible from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

3.2 miles 1973 feet Out & Back

Mount Morrison is one of prominent peaks of Denvers Front Range and the metro area. It is located right behind Red Rocks Amphitheater which is famous for its Visitor Center (Hall Of Fame) and its Natural Red Rocks Stage. There are various routes to the summit. As May of 2012 all routes are closed for restoration except for the South Ridge Route which is the most developed trail up to the summit. The last push to the summit involves some light scrambling, but other than that a well developed but steep trail.

Short in distance but steep and full of scree. There's a little bit of fun scrambing towards the top.. Perhaps good training hill for 14ers.

Great views, fun climby parts at the top. I couldn't finish it because I had my husky with me so I wouldn't recommend bringing big dogs.

I'm sure the view would have been beautiful from the top, but I barely made it halfway up. I found the teailhead pretty easily following the gps, the gate was closed so a few cars were just parked in the halfmoon off the road by the gate. The trailhead did not look like one because it was extremely steep and not well marked, but according to gps it was there so I started going up. It was a super hot day, and this trail offers no shade. It's basically a dirt/rocky narrow trail with no signs, so I definitely consider this a "difficult" level and good for those not caring about rolling down the hills. I made it to the top of first hill which had a nice view and decided to head back down because there was no shade and it was extremely hot that day, the first part was already so steep and I ran into people coming down who said it was steep like that or worse all the way and it was more than 1hr from that point to the top so I decided to conquer it another day. On my way down I fell at least 3 times slipping on the small rocks. There's nothing to grab on or step on for stability. Given the difficulty in going down and the fact that I care to not break any body parts hiking I decided that trail was not for me, and I would not go back to conquer it.

good hike took about 3 1/2 hrs from road to top and down well worth it

This was a challenging trail because of all the lose rocks and the last haul which is pretty step. Even my dog, who I consider part mountain goat, struggled in certain parts.
It's beautiful and close to the city. Wear hiking boots and pants (you're going to slip and go down at some point).
I was concerned about finding the trail - but it is clearly marked. Turn onto Titans road/Red Rocks entrance 4 and it's on your left. If the gate is closed on this entrance/exit, so I had to go in entrance 3. park in a lot and then walk up Ship Rock Rd and down Titans Rd.

Did NOT expect the rocky scrambling towards the summit. Do not go alone your first time - it can get kind of hairy. Excellent hike so close to Denver. The trail head is very hidden.

One nice afternoon, three friends, and good intentions for a great time. All ruined by the infamous mount Morrison trail. We tried for many hours to find this trail but alas, it does not exist. DO NOT TRY. you will waste your time. Please heed my advice and save yourselves. Much love, keep hiking, just not here.

This trail is no joke-- it starts off pretty steep and never relents. The final push is a super fun scramble up a boulder field. Beautiful views of Denver and Jefferson County to the East, and the mountains to the West.

great trail for a quick intense uphill hike near Denver. Lots of loose rock and some challenging sections. Not great for trail running due to steepness and rocks. Trail could use some work.

This is more a "quick workout" trail. It offers very little in terms of beauty. It's steep so it will get your heart rate up. Definitely much better trails than this and in the same area.

Awesome hike ! A lot steeper than we anticipated but well worth it! Will definitely be going back again!!!

This trail is way worth it. No waiting to start seeing incredible views. This trail is almost straight up and doesn't let you down. You can even hear music from red rocks if you stand in the right place

The spectacular views of Red Rocks and Denver is reason for the trails high rating and highly recommended. The trail doesn't have much easy strolling, but I guess that is expected with 2000' gain in a couple miles. The short scramble near the top is not difficult, with plenty of hand holds but maybe not a great idea with small children.

So I wish someone wld have left a comment before I went up. Probably shldnt have done it alone. Once I got close to the top there was more rock climbing then I expected for a beginner but damn if it wasn't FUN!!! Even at my age. Lol. But it was also a little scary so decided not to come back down the way I went up - it wldnt have been safe being all alone. Now if I hadn't been so determined to reach the top and if I had turned around before scaling the top of the mountain then I wld have been fine. Instead I decided to take the safe way down on the dirt service road which put me about 5 miles away from my car on the other side of the mountain. So recommend doing this climb with a partner or not going all the way to the top. (At least for beginners like me) but DAMN IT WAS FUN!!!!!!!