Mt. Esther Trail

Mt. Esther Trail is a 3.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Cascade, Colorado that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from March until October.

Mt.Esther trail is a part of Ring the Peak trail system. Starting from Chipita Park it climbs up steeply through series of switchbacks for just under a mile. Once you reach the top you will enter a nice mountain meadow. Turn right and continue through a mostly flat area passing through a mixed fores

Really wouldn't bother with this trail with so many other options around. The first mile is straight up with a lot of loose gravel. Only views are of the Waldo canyon burn scar and the highway. Once you get up the mountain it's a nice walk in the meadow but that's pretty much the best view about it. We only went the 4 miles round trip so maybe if you continued on toward the reservoir the views will get better.

Great hike. Beginning is pretty steep. Can't wait to do this one in summer and see everything green.

Love this hike! Went up yesterday with kids aged 10mo, 5yrs, 7yrs, a dog, and a husband. Everyone made it up and out alive. Kids can't get enough of the giant rocks and the meadow up top is picnic perfection. If you're without kids and in pretty good shape, it's a great run challenge. Never fails to disappoint!

Just got back off the hill with my training Instructor/Guide Clint Crosgrove. It was a challenge to the top but it was nice. If you want a work work this is the trail and the Aspen are just golden up there. It was windy in the meadows so we cut the ring short. But you got to love the Ring the Peak trails,as a beginner to hiking t felt like 5 boot but once on top all you can say is I am Done with a smile.

great workout trail. highly recommend!

Excellent trail, limited parking. Steep grade in the start. We really enjoyed this trail and the terrain.

challenging for Flat Landers but attainable. Great views

Trail was a lot easier 15 years ago! Great climb and the views at the top are unbeatable.

Loved this hike! Lots of rocks to boulder on that run alongside the trail in the meadow. I hung out at the reservoir at the top, which was lovely.

Good hike. tough at first. I recommend it. the meadow and the view of pikes peak is amazing.

Serious incline at the beginning, but worth it when you reach the upper meadows. All the reviews were accurate.

This trail is awesome and though I have hiked this many times, I have not seen any river like the app calls out. There is a creek if you take the right fork in the trail once you reach the top. About a tenth of a mile from the top, there is a rock outcroping that allows you to see Woodland Park, Colorado and Manitou Springs. at the top, the trail opens up into a beautiful Aspen meadow.

Nice trail! The directions on the app dropped me right at trailhead. As noted, the first mile is a fairly intense ascent. After that it opens up to a beautiful meadow and is fairly flat until a few more ascents in mile 3.. The meadow trail isn't very wide so for that reason id wear pants as the meadow came up to my elbows in most parts. The trail is well marked with the Ring the Peak trail markers. I'm also not sure if this trail has been added on to since many of these reviews? I got about 3.20 miles in and still hadn't reached any kind of "top" and looked to be going back down on the other side of the mountain, so I found a spot with a good view to rest and have a snack before turning around. Great smells, sights, and sounds once you get past mile 1. I only ran into 3 other ppl on the trail. Well worth it!

Great trail! Tough climb for the first mile but opens into aspen meadow at the top. Plenty of wildlife during the hike. Didn't make it to Mt Esther, but hiked three miles of 'ring the peak trail'

The first part is almost 1,000ft of switchbacks to the top. Right before the top there is a large rock with incredible views of the entire valley and beyond. once you make the top it is totaly worth the steep climb. We hiked this trail when the aspens were turning and there was a great area at the top of the aspens. Will be making this hike again in the future. We took our 3 children with us who are 10, 7, and 5 and they made the hike. Definitely worth it. Due to time we didnt spend much time at the top before we had to head back down.