Mount Morrison Trail

Mount Morrison Trail is a 3.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Morrison, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and birding and is accessible from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

3.2 miles 1955 feet Out & Back

Mount Morrison is one of prominent peaks of Denvers Front Range and the metro area. It is located right behind Red Rocks Amphitheater which is famous for its Visitor Center (Hall Of Fame) and its Natural Red Rocks Stage. There are various routes to the summit. As May of 2012 all routes are closed for restoration except for the South Ridge Route which is the most developed trail up to the summit. The last push to the summit involves some light scrambling, but other than that a well developed but steep trail.

Short in distance but steep and full of scree. There's a little bit of fun scrambing towards the top.. Perhaps good training hill for 14ers.

Great views, fun climby parts at the top. I couldn't finish it because I had my husky with me so I wouldn't recommend bringing big dogs.

I'm sure the view would have been beautiful from the top, but I barely made it halfway up. I found the teailhead pretty easily following the gps, the gate was closed so a few cars were just parked in the halfmoon off the road by the gate. The trailhead did not look like one because it was extremely steep and not well marked, but according to gps it was there so I started going up. It was a super hot day, and this trail offers no shade. It's basically a dirt/rocky narrow trail with no signs, so I definitely consider this a "difficult" level and good for those not caring about rolling down the hills. I made it to the top of first hill which had a nice view and decided to head back down because there was no shade and it was extremely hot that day, the first part was already so steep and I ran into people coming down who said it was steep like that or worse all the way and it was more than 1hr from that point to the top so I decided to conquer it another day. On my way down I fell at least 3 times slipping on the small rocks. There's nothing to grab on or step on for stability. Given the difficulty in going down and the fact that I care to not break any body parts hiking I decided that trail was not for me, and I would not go back to conquer it.

good hike took about 3 1/2 hrs from road to top and down well worth it

This was a challenging trail because of all the lose rocks and the last haul which is pretty step. Even my dog, who I consider part mountain goat, struggled in certain parts.
It's beautiful and close to the city. Wear hiking boots and pants (you're going to slip and go down at some point).
I was concerned about finding the trail - but it is clearly marked. Turn onto Titans road/Red Rocks entrance 4 and it's on your left. If the gate is closed on this entrance/exit, so I had to go in entrance 3. park in a lot and then walk up Ship Rock Rd and down Titans Rd.

Did NOT expect the rocky scrambling towards the summit. Do not go alone your first time - it can get kind of hairy. Excellent hike so close to Denver. The trail head is very hidden.