Mount Galbraith Trail

Mount Galbraith Trail is a 4.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Golden, Colorado and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is accessible from March until November.

Beautiful hike with great views of Golden, Coors Plant and Denver. Great rock formations and lots of animal trails. Take a lunch and have a picnic.

Hike was great, but watch out for ice. A lot of the trail is covered in ice, but fine if you have a good pair of hiking boots. It'd be smart to have a pair of crampons, but not 100% necessary.

Took about 2 hours. Beautiful hike. Pretty views. Not too easy not too hard. Good for beginners but I wouldn't take my kids. Couple slippery spots. Great afternoon with a couple friends. Will do it again.

solid easy hike

View of Golden. Pretty simple and easy.

went at sunset and finished in dark, was really cool and beautiful, as you could see the city lights on East and sunset over mountains on West, probably not smart but I had flashlight and bear spray for protection, my dog loved it convenient, not a lot of cover so wouldn't recommend when hot

Fairly narrow trail, a great hike for a small group. Definitely wear a hat & sunscreen year-round as the loop is at least 70% in the sun. Watch signs as you come down from the peak or you may accidentally take a spur that leads you into a Golden subdivision.

Nice views of Golden. Steep drop-offs so be careful on narrow trails. No coverage until the back half of the hike so wear sunscreen!!!

I just discovered this gem. Great workout as the incline keeps you breathing. I love that it is a loop and the views keep changing. It's a favorite of mine.

We enjoyed this hike and feel the moderate rating is accurate. The views were nice but not colorful in late October. Definitely not a good hike for young kids as the trail was narrow, rocky, had decent inclines/declines and was along the mountain edge with no rails. It took my husband and I about an hour and a half to hike the loop trail and we thought it was a pretty decent workout.

What a beautiful hike, very picturesque. I hiked it with my three and a half month old in the carrier. There were some places where we had to take our time to be safe. The views of Golden and the valley were magnificent. It got a little hot in parts, as there was little shade, but I will definitely do this hike again.

Beautiful views in early fall. Loved this hike!

Excellent hike. wonderful scenery and the trail never really gets steep. Highly recommend for someone wanting to acclimate to altitude here

Fun trail. Great views of Golden and Denver.