Mount Galbraith Trail

Mount Galbraith Trail is a 4.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Golden, CO and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is accessible from March until November.

Beautiful hike with great views of Golden, Coors Plant and Denver. Great rock formations and lots of animal trails. Take a lunch and have a picnic.

solid easy hike

View of Golden. Pretty simple and easy.

went at sunset and finished in dark, was really cool and beautiful, as you could see the city lights on East and sunset over mountains on West, probably not smart but I had flashlight and bear spray for protection, my dog loved it convenient, not a lot of cover so wouldn't recommend when hot

Fairly narrow trail, a great hike for a small group. Definitely wear a hat & sunscreen year-round as the loop is at least 70% in the sun. Watch signs as you come down from the peak or you may accidentally take a spur that leads you into a Golden subdivision.

Nice views of Golden. Steep drop-offs so be careful on narrow trails. No coverage until the back half of the hike so wear sunscreen!!!

I just discovered this gem. Great workout as the incline keeps you breathing. I love that it is a loop and the views keep changing. It's a favorite of mine.

We enjoyed this hike and feel the moderate rating is accurate. The views were nice but not colorful in late October. Definitely not a good hike for young kids as the trail was narrow, rocky, had decent inclines/declines and was along the mountain edge with no rails. It took my husband and I about an hour and a half to hike the loop trail and we thought it was a pretty decent workout.

What a beautiful hike, very picturesque. I hiked it with my three and a half month old in the carrier. There were some places where we had to take our time to be safe. The views of Golden and the valley were magnificent. It got a little hot in parts, as there was little shade, but I will definitely do this hike again.

Beautiful views in early fall. Loved this hike!

Excellent hike. wonderful scenery and the trail never really gets steep. Highly recommend for someone wanting to acclimate to altitude here

Fun trail. Great views of Golden and Denver.

This is not a place where you will find solitude (the trail is very popular with hikers and runners) or quiet (one can hear hum from nearby roads and highways most of the time) but it is beautiful nevertheless. You get to hike over rocks and grassy hills as well as through shady forests. There are views of Golden and Denver from the top.

As a quick escape from Golden or even Denver, this is hard to beat.

Great trail to stretch the legs out.

Good day hike near Denver