Mount Flora Trail

Mount Flora Trail is a 6.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Idaho Springs, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from May until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Completed this trail yesterday (11/10) to celebrate the election results. I thoroughly enjoyed the outcome of both. Plenty of snow on the trail, bring the proper footwear. Offered plenty of incredible vistas from winter park to a high alpine lake. As always, bring your camera, your dog, and a celebratory beer.

Did it last weekend (10/22). It was pretty challenging with some extra snow on the trail. The view is gorgeous but it was too windy to hang any longer at the top.

skiing

My dog and I completed this hike in about 3 hours. Amazing scenery! Second time doing this hike and its very lightly trafficked.

My friend and I slept in our car in the trailhead parking lot and woke up at 4 in the morning to watch the sunrise at the top. 100% would do it again. I hike a lot of 14ers, so this was a pretty moderate hike for me, but I enjoyed every second of it. Next time I would like to do it in the day to see the beautiful turquoise colors of the lake, but the trail was perfect to hike at night with a head lamp.

Great hike today. Pretty quiet in the morning, more hikers as we came down around 11. Most of the trail is above the tree line and exposed so layers were helpful. It was a little cold, cloudy, and light snow/rain intermittent. Great balance of more difficult inclines and flatter stretches. Overall amazing views-would highly recommend!

I think I just found a new favorite.

It's a nice hike with great views once you get towards the summit. One warning is that the hike is almost entirely above the tree line and wind protection is a must. Still decent snow on the backside of the mountain. All in all took 3 hours of moving time to make it up and back

Great hike with those Colorado views people come here for. Took 2.5 hours round trip with my dog. Trail actually starts up the frontage road off Berthoud pass so the hike is more like 7.5 miles total. Steep but only in spurts

It was a nice hike. Very well traveled and easy to navigate. Would rate as moderate. The 'tracks' on the AllTrails are quite accurate, although you shouldn't need them. Just follow the service road up to the sign for Mt. Flora. On this day it was very windy as you approach the summit. Might want to bring a jacket.