Mount Flora Trail

Mount Flora Trail is a 6.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Idaho Springs, CO that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from May until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Completed this trail yesterday (11/10) to celebrate the election results. I thoroughly enjoyed the outcome of both. Plenty of snow on the trail, bring the proper footwear. Offered plenty of incredible vistas from winter park to a high alpine lake. As always, bring your camera, your dog, and a celebratory beer.

Did it last weekend (10/22). It was pretty challenging with some extra snow on the trail. The view is gorgeous but it was too windy to hang any longer at the top.

My dog and I completed this hike in about 3 hours. Amazing scenery! Second time doing this hike and its very lightly trafficked.

My friend and I slept in our car in the trailhead parking lot and woke up at 4 in the morning to watch the sunrise at the top. 100% would do it again. I hike a lot of 14ers, so this was a pretty moderate hike for me, but I enjoyed every second of it. Next time I would like to do it in the day to see the beautiful turquoise colors of the lake, but the trail was perfect to hike at night with a head lamp.

Great hike today. Pretty quiet in the morning, more hikers as we came down around 11. Most of the trail is above the tree line and exposed so layers were helpful. It was a little cold, cloudy, and light snow/rain intermittent. Great balance of more difficult inclines and flatter stretches. Overall amazing views-would highly recommend!

I think I just found a new favorite.

It's a nice hike with great views once you get towards the summit. One warning is that the hike is almost entirely above the tree line and wind protection is a must. Still decent snow on the backside of the mountain. All in all took 3 hours of moving time to make it up and back

Great hike with those Colorado views people come here for. Took 2.5 hours round trip with my dog. Trail actually starts up the frontage road off Berthoud pass so the hike is more like 7.5 miles total. Steep but only in spurts

It was a nice hike. Very well traveled and easy to navigate. Would rate as moderate. The 'tracks' on the AllTrails are quite accurate, although you shouldn't need them. Just follow the service road up to the sign for Mt. Flora. On this day it was very windy as you approach the summit. Might want to bring a jacket.

Really enjoyed this hike. Got to the trailhead a little after 9 on a Sunday morning. Parking lot was pretty full but there was still plenty of parking. The trail was pretty well marked and not too busy. Tracking the distance on my phone it was 7.3 miles. There definitely some parts that were a little strenuous but for the most part I would consider this a moderately difficult hike. The views at the top were stunning. 360 degree views and lots of wildflowers! Definitely would recommend.

Great hike! Beautiful views, don't realize how steep it was until you're on the way down. Would do it again without a doubt!

It wasnt as hard as Booth Lake or Fancy Pass Loop, but just as Beautiful.

Even though there was 30-40 mph wind speed, still a great hike!

geocaching

Lots of fun - crusty snow in the early morning, used microspikes until the upper section which was largely rock. Great views, beautiful day. Two and a half hours up, one back

Absolutely gorgeous views on this hike and easy to get to. Just drive to the summit of Berthoud Pass and away you go... Enjoy!

This trail is amazing, the hike up was sort of difficult considering I'm originally from Chicago and not used to the elevation. The views are amazing, we started off around 8am and was cloudy/windy. It was chilly with the wind blowing but by the time noon came around the sun popped out and it warmed up.

I really liked this trail. It's easy to get to, so one star for 2WD happiness. I arrived today at 730am and had the trail completely to myself all the way to the peak. How often does that happen?? It was a gradual ascent and you're very quickly above treeline for stellar 360 degree views. One star off because it takes at least 1/3 of the way to get out of sight of Hwy 40. Not a huge deal but takes a while to get the 'away from it all' feeling. Great views of some tarns and access to a few other mountains as well. Part of the Continental Divide Trail.

My favorite 13er so far. Views of grays and Torryes, Evans and Long's as well as the Granby area