Mount Falcon Castle Trail

Mount Falcon Castle Trail is a 7.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Morrison, Colorado that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Starts climbing immediately through gorgeous miles of switch backs.

Nice hike with great views of the city. It was pretty muddy and icy, would like to go back on drier day.

Went from East to West and took turkey trot on the way back. Nice hike. Traction helped but wasn't needed

We did the turkey trot to the lower castle trail loop. It was accessible but definitely Icey and snow packed in the shaded areas.

This is a fun hike and a popular hike so the trail is normally busy. It is a great place to bring a picnic lunch. There are steep inclines but you will be rewarded with fantastic views of Denver as well as being able to explore some cool ruins. It does get slippery in wet conditions, however.

We parked in the west lot which I think is easier than parking in the east lot if you want to see the castle. Parts of the trail are icy now. The Walker House is worth the trek. I will definitely be going back for other trails on Mount Falcon.

I really liked this hike. Unfortunately, I did not make it to the castle. I nearly shat my pants when a moose and a buck ran right up to me. I turned right around and went back down. I would definitely do it again, maybe just with somebody else.

Castle trail is still Accessible today 12/9/16. Nice hike. Not too steep but a steady uphill climb. Passes by ruins of Walker House ruins. Only slightly distressing part is that turnaround is at a parking lot where others can access trail from opposite end.