Monument Trail

Monument Trail is a 6.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Monument, Colorado that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and mountain biking and is accessible from April until November.

Meh. This definitely should not be rated as moderate. This is a very easy trail, and I would categorize it more of a walk than a hike. The day I was there, it was snowing, so it was hard to see the scenery, but I didn't think this was anything special except perhaps the views of Elephant Rock. There are so many other nice trails that are more challenging and scenic in the area that I wouldn't choose this one again.

On a side note, one of the other things that turned me off about this trail was all of the dog excrement. I always have my dog with me, and have carried his poop for many miles to not leave it behind. If you are hiking with your dog, please keep him or her leashed and clean up!!

I'd say it leans toward easy.. a wide, well-kept path; nothing difficult about it. Great running path with great views.

This is just the last leg of the New Santa Fe Trail (or the first depending on which way you go). Easy stuff, but great for mileage rides.