EveryTrail is now a part of AllTrails! Please click here to read more.

Miller Fork, Signal Mountain, and Donner Pass Loop Trail

Miller Fork, Signal Mountain, and Donner Pass Loop Trail is a 17.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Glen Haven, CO that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

So I didn't do a whole lot of planning on this trip, but turned out overly enjoyable! I just bought a pack for my dog and wanted to break him into it before my backpacking trip next week. I started at a trailhead that I had located off of the map. There is no signage for the trailhead and is only room for maybe 3 or 4 vehicles. The Miller Fork trail is absolutely awesome! Almost like enchanted forest. The trail stays near a natural mountain stream and feeds a variety of wild mushrooms and some wild raspberries. The trail did end shortly after I had come across an old lumber mill. I made my own way up to Lookout Mt. trail and continued over to Signal Mt. which provided a nice panoramic view of the surrounding area! I decided to take Donner Pass Trail on the descent rather than cutting trail. It was a fairly long hike with plenty of wonderful views!

To avoid the Retreat-Resident only parking issue, use this USFS alternative: http://goo.gl/Yd3VC