Mesa Trail

Mesa Trail is a 6.8 mile heavily trafficked point-to-point trail located near Boulder, CO that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from July until July. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

6.9 miles 1483 feet Point to Point

From Denver, north on 93, left on 170 just south of Boulder. A mile or two to parking on the left.

7 minutes ago

I think it's good for the beginners. It was a beautiful trail when I went there in the end of April, though.

The best.

Did Mesa to homestead trail nice loop, sunny on Mesa side...

Nice trail with lots of wildflowers.

I did the first half of this trail and turned around because I was losing light. The trail was awesome and I'll do it again soon. Great scenery, trees, animals, flowers, creeks, everything. I saw some cool snakes and a fellow hiker had scene a bear right by where I turned around (glad I turned around).

Wonderful scenery

Great for my first hike, beautiful Colorado sun!

Good option for spring!

Nice trail, not too crowded- great hike in the spring if you like getting muddy (I do!) Fairly easy. Only gave it three stars because it was not my favorite trail in the area, but it is my favorite route to use to get to Bear Peak from Chautauqua!

I hiked the section between NCAR and Chautauqua and it's mostly packed snow with some truly ice covered patches where streams are trying to run.

Icy and muddy