HIdden Mesa Trail

HIdden Mesa Trail is a 2.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Franktown, CO that offers scenic views. The trail is good for all skill levels offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Hidden Mesa Trail is a 1.40 mile loop trail located near Castle Rock, Colorado. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking. Horses are also able to use this trail.

A really nice run! I accessed the trail from Parker Rd near Franktown and all told it was about a 6 or so mile loop out and back. Great views. I ran it early so aside from a couple bikers and one or two fellow runners, I pretty much had the trail all to myself.

Nice easy hike for a Monday afternoon. Well marked trail. Low traffic. Nice views of the surrounding area. Hidden definitely is a good description of this trail.

Pretty straight forward. Dogs enjoyed cherry creek as always

I loved this hike but it just felt like it kept going on and there's not much shade

Very flat trail! Great for running or for an easy hike!

geocaching

Fantastic!!! Great trail!

nice place

This is a well maintained trail. It seems like this trail is primarily used for mountain biking. Easy hike but on a Saturday we were constantly moving to the side for bikers.

Easy flat. Pretty views. Great place for picnic.

The rim loop is great for mountain biking I would say it is moderate level as there are some obstacles and it's more then just a dirt path. I would not recommend this loop for hiking as there are a lot of cyclists going fast on narrow paths with blind corners. If you access the trail from Parker Rd it is much longer and lost of hills! Watch out for rattle snakes!

This was a fun trail and challenging for my 4 year old. Lots of bikes passing on skinny trails. Overall there was a lot to see and many opportunities to stop and check out the scene. Prairie dogs and birds and lots of harmless insects along the trail chirping away! Butterflies and dragonflies floating in a breeze across the tall grass and Mesa flowers, darting on and off the trail.
Quite an enchanting trip with my family. Cannot wait to get back for a run!

I love this trail! I have done it about 10 times, I am a hiker and getting into trail running, this trail is my training ground. Minimal elevation gain, but is rocky in some parts. There are a few colonies of prairie dogs here which add to the delight. The only thing to be careful of are rattlesnakes, I have not seen one yet but other people I talked to that frequent the trail say to be mindful of where you are stepping.

New to Colorado and enjoying the whole walking / hiking life. This trailhead is actually about 1.5 miles from where the in-app directions have you park. We had a pace counter with us and the full walk to and from the car including the mesa loop was listed at 12 miles.
After you park the vehicle you walk through a slight down sloped field towards a creek which you cross using a good bridge. Now you have arrived at Cherry Creek trail, which is concrete paved path running north and south. You will turn north and walk slightly uphill for a bit.
After the uphill stroll you arrive at a "T" intersection with some trail information. By the way, you are not on The Trail yet. So turning left/west you walk further with a gradual incline and seeing a flat top plateau in the distance - that is where the trail and trailhead is located.
As you ascend you will pass through a closed vehicle gate with a open pedestrian walk through. Still ascending you arrive at two sitting benches and a rather scary table bench, your not there yet.
Further ascending is required on a rather steep switch back path. At the top of the path you have Now arrived at the trailhead.

Also accessible from Parker road (sr 83) from just north of Franktown. Also marked as Hidden Mesa

Just hiked this trail the other day for the first time. It was a great experience. Parking closer to the loop gives you the option of either going about 7 miles or just 2.5 making it very customizable. A definite must if you live just south of Denver.

LOVE this loop. I find it has a little bit of everything. Up hill, straight shots, winding open space area, downhill fast runs, rocky terrain, soft dirt, shallow ruts, and even a great area for technical rock climbs (very easy though)... All wrapped up in a short 2.6 mile loop! Perfect place to go grab a few loops for a quick workout. I consider this my "home trail" when I don't have the drive in me to head further out of town.

Come here often. Good hike all year round. Our first time here was on Christmas day. Live in Castlewood Ranch so we typically make this longer by starting out over by Mesa Middle school which turns the hike into close to 7 miles. Beautiful place and the dog can run off leash in most parts.