Meadowlark Plymouth Creek Loop Trail

Meadowlark Plymouth Creek Loop Trail is a 6 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Littleton, Colorado that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, birding, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Jefferson County Open Space700 Jefferson County Parkway, Golden, CO 80401-6018. Phone (303) 271-5925; http://www.co.jefferson.co.us/ext/dpt/comm_res/openspac/

I only did part of the trail today because it was icy & I didn't bring any traction devices. I did a loop consisting of the Meadowlark Trail & Plymouth Creek Trail, a total of 2.6 miles. It was lovely but busy - I saw 25 people & 8 dogs. There were great views of surrounding rock formations & even downtown Denver. I will definitely come do this full trail some other time.

It's was a great near by hike for the dogs. Very muddy and about 90% packed snow and ice. Bring poles and yak trax if you have them but I made it up and down ok without. Went on a Friday afternoon and it took shy of 3 hours and didn't run into too many people. Will be back!

We hiked this trail yesterday....10/27/16. It is a nicely maintained trail with very few rocks. mostly a dirt path. It gets lots of sun and has a steady incline that isn't too steep. No bikers allowed which is nice for hikers and our dogs. I enjoyed the views.

Nice good workout. Maintained well

I did this hike today and only did the first loop which was 2.5 miles. Some places were steep and rocky but it was a fun hike. I'll definitely go back. Also there is a parking lot and it's easy to find.

There are many different ways to go, so having this/a map is a good idea. Elevation is not too bad, if you want to make this hike 3-15 miles long, it's for everyone. A bit hard for mountain biking for my liking, might have to walk the bike a bit, yet I'm a beginner. Saw 2 rangers so keep your dog on a leash. Nice views of the city and beyond. Barely any shade, would recommend in spring or fall. No water access. Bathrooms at trail head.

Great casual hike with moderate challenge. Beautiful way to spend a Colorado afternoon.

Completed 7 1/2 mile on this trail today - it was fantastic! Will be back again. Trail was gradual, steady incline with lots of shade and nice views. Some parts were loose rocks, others just clear, narrow paths in woods. Many other hikers, trail runners and a couple cyclists on the trail. Saw deer on the way in, small rattler on the way out. Did not see a waterfall as noted in trail description - probably need to return in Spring?

I went Meadowlark to Plymouth Creek to Homestead to Plymouth Mtn. to Plymouth Creek. Very fun. Nice varied trail with rocky climbs, forest single track and nice views. Well marked. It wasn't crowded at all during the week.

it's great, very good, 5 stars.

One of my favorite hikes in the Denver Metro area! Definitely a moderate hike and the views are gorgeous. Not too overly crowded at all. If you take the Plymouth TH it is a much steeper elevation gain but shorter, whereas the Meadowlark TH is longer with a moderate elevation gain. It's a very clean trail too so please keep it that way.

Wow it was cool alot of hikers but it was Saturday 8/27 great views !