Meadowlark Plymouth Creek Loop Trail

Meadowlark Plymouth Creek Loop Trail is a 6 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Littleton, Colorado that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, birding, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Jefferson County Open Space700 Jefferson County Parkway, Golden, CO 80401-6018. Phone (303) 271-5925; http://www.co.jefferson.co.us/ext/dpt/comm_res/openspac/

Nice, moderate trail. It was in the 60s-70s today so the first hour was a little warm. Other than that, nice trail. I took my dog and he loved it.

I only did part of the trail today because it was icy & I didn't bring any traction devices. I did a loop consisting of the Meadowlark Trail & Plymouth Creek Trail, a total of 2.6 miles. It was lovely but busy - I saw 25 people & 8 dogs. There were great views of surrounding rock formations & even downtown Denver. I will definitely come do this full trail some other time.

It's was a great near by hike for the dogs. Very muddy and about 90% packed snow and ice. Bring poles and yak trax if you have them but I made it up and down ok without. Went on a Friday afternoon and it took shy of 3 hours and didn't run into too many people. Will be back!