Manitou Park Lake Trail

Manitou Park Lake Trail is a 2.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Woodland Park, CO that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October.

Directions from Woodland Park: Travel 7 miles north on Highway 67 to Manitou Lake Picnic Area.

Note: I have only walked around the lake itself.
I love this place & have been going here all my life. It's easy to get to, short, easy to walk & not too crowded from my experience. $6 to park unless you have a bus, which I hear is $50. Restrooms, tables & fishing piers abound. Great views. A covered, open air pavilion is reservable for somewhere around $50 if you call ahead. Dog friendly. No swimming or wading.

Easy walk. Nice for the dog. Beautiful Lake. Great View of Pikes Peak. $6 Entry Fee. Well Worth the Price of Admission.

Beautiful place to walk around the lake with my little ones. Costs $6 to get in.

This is NOT an easy trail. The walk to any trail head here is up very steep raids. The scenery is beautiful and it was well worth the hike, but I'm thankful other trails branched off. We ended up walking the Thomas trail
Back to town because I couldn't do the switchbacks to the top of the catamount trail. The Thomas trail is relatively easy with some portions of steep uphill walking.

We really liked this place. We had to pay $6 to get into the park, but we felt it was worth it, the hike around the lake is EASY.. no real incline so its just a nice place to stroll and not break a sweat. there were quite a few folks there having a picnic lunch or fishing around the lake.. It was really pleasant.

I gave a five star because the review is spot on. An easy trail with beautiful scenery. Lake, Stream, Picnic spots, Bathrooms.

Peaceful small park. Marshlands, open spaces with nice mountain views, and a lake.

Decent hike - kids thought the spillway was cool. Saw some cool wild flowers and herbs. Next time we'll bring fishing poles. Looked like the fishing at the lake was better than the hike.

This a great little lake with lots of wildlife and fantastic views. The trail takes you on a wooden bridge over a damn and a wooden walkway through the marsh where you can watch beavers building their damns. The shore line and docks are often filled with fishermen especially durning weekends but the park offers plenty of picnic spots and several little side trails that offer some seclusion. The park is a fee area that offers public restroom and more then enough parking. Definitely a beautiful spot to check out!