Mallory Cave

Mallory Cave is a 2.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Boulder, CO that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and rock climbing and is accessible from October until April. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

cave

A short walk, a final 100 ft climb and a cave. This hike starts at the NCAR parking lot. Head west to the Mesa trail and cross it by the information sign. There are lots of offshoot trails, be sure to follow the signs to the final 100 ft rock climb. If there is no ice or snow proceed up to the cave. NOTE: The cave is seasonally CLOSED from April 1 to October 1 for roosting bats.

Really great hike! Have to scamper up some rocks but I loved that!

pretty not we'll marked.

Beautiful!

Beautiful

Great hike for the morning, but heavy traffic coming up on our way down. single track, had to stop quite a bit so people could pass. Cave is fenced off but still loved the hike.

Nice hike, Boulder green tag friendly for the hound. Up and back in under two hours from the parking lot and I'm pretty slow. Will likely do it again when the open up the the last 100 ft in October. They close it during the summer months for the bats.

Not much to see when you get to the top.

Not very scenic in my opinion for the climb... Also very crowded.

I really like challenging uphill climbs but I'm used to more of a culmination point. Maybe I'm spoiled, but I do think there are better hikes in the area.

The view at the top and of the flatirons is great. Fun hike. The cave was closed when we got there, but you have to climb to the top and we had our toddler in a pack, so no use to us anyway. A little busy for our taste, but no mountain bikes.

it was intermediate at first.. until it became more difficult with large boulders towards the cave..should have brought sticks. pretty views and seemed to draw a good amount of people. only saw one dog

great hike! took the dogs on the trail in the am, met just a few other hikers and some climbers.

Nice hike with a good amount of shade for a hot day of hiking. Took about 1.5 hours up and back. A bit crowded on a Sunday. Caves are closed, but the views are worth the hike. I also enjoyed seeing the rock climbers on the way up to the top.

Perfect for what I wanted. Wasn't crowded and was very serene. Easy hike but was fulfilling.

Mallery Cave is closed. found other areas

It felt steeper than the 600 feet but I loved it. Shaded trail so a good one on a hot day.