Lost Man Trail

Lost Man Trail is a 9.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Aspen, CO that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from June until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Directions from Aspen: 1. Lost Man Campground: Drive 14 miles east of Aspen on Highway 82 to the parking lot directly across from Lost Man Campground. The trailhead begins on the left (north) side of the highway. 2. Last Switchback: Drive 18-1/2 miles east of Aspen on Highway 82 to the parking lot at the last switchback before the top of Independence Pass. The trailhead is on the left (north) side of the highway.

Gorgeous hike above treeline. Recommend taking hiking sticks as there are a few places where you'll need extra balance. Also recommend taking gloves, hat, raingear and puffy. We went on August 13, 2016 and it snowed on us! We went all the way to the top (13,000) but the weather changed and we decided to head back down. We started at the Linkins trailhead.

One of my favorite hikes, beautiful valley and nice uphill hike to the saddle overlooking the lake. 2 hours up. Usually very windy at the top and can be a little cold, so take a light jacket. The entire loop from lower Lost Man to Upper, or also the other way is a great full day hike.

Breathtaking views, but only made it to Independence Lake due to snow on 6/26/16. It's still worth the trek to Independence Lake. Looking forward to doing it again!

Snow up high in July!!

One of my favorites! The wildflowers are gorgeous and the lake at the top was incredible. My dogs loved cooling off in it...so did my feet :)

Amazing hike with gorgeous views! Lots of snow to be found around Lost Man lake, be prepared to get your shoes wet!

An awesome trail that starts at the first hairpen curve on the west side of Independence Pass, at timberline.On the hike you pass Independence Lake, go over a saddle and down to Lost Man Lake. Both lakes have brook trout in them. The most scenic part of the hike is over in my opinion, but you can hike all the way to Lost Man Res. and campground if you have someone to meet you.