Lincoln Mountain Loop

Lincoln Mountain Loop is a 4.1 mile loop trail located near Larkspur, CO. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, walking, horses, and snowshoeing. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The 4.2-mile Lincoln Mountain Trail traverses 400' up the open hillside of Lincoln Mountain and skirts through Gambel oaks and a scattering of pines and rhyolite rocks. View Pikes Peak, Palmer Divide, and ranchlands of the Upper Cherry Creek Valley from the 7,394' top The 4.2-mile Lincoln Mountain Trail traverses 400' up the open hillside of Lincoln Mountain and skirts through Gambel oaks and a scattering of pines and rhyolite rocks. View Pikes Peak, Palmer Divide, and ranchlands of the Upper Cherry Creek Valley from the 7,394' top

the Lincoln mountain loop starts out nice, than gradually gets more & more rocky. jagged, pointy & covered the trail. The horses were clearly struggling. unless you have boots on all fours it's pretty rough. once we headed to other side the trail got much better!

Easy trail ! Good footing , if you want an easy horse ride I gave it 4 stars for the fact that it's user friendly , big horse trailer parking area , quiet not busy . I take horses out here and school them .
I prefer to ride "hard" trails but this is a clean well kept trail

lovely. there was a dog not on leash however.

A good sunny run. Never too steep.

A great run, never too steep

Nice gradual hike. Starts out in a open space / meadow. Goes up through the mountainous / tree areas and back through the meadows. Beware, the beginning and the end of the trail are swarming with horseflies, I easily killed 15+

Nice fairly easy hike. Wide well marked trail. Cloudy day on this hike. Would have needed lots so sunscreen had it been sunny. There is little to no shade.

Love this trail! There are two different loop options, both are wonderful. I've never seen it busy. I usually see a few horseback riders, but not many and a couple other hikers. I've seen cranes and bull snakes here. The wildflowers are beautiful and bountiful in July and the trees turn a beautiful color in fall.

Horse trail not a hike! Pulled up to find 15 large horse trailers and at least 60 horses.

Opps I switch them I did the Palmer Divide trail Next time will do this trail

Good trail if you want to hiking and see more riders than hikers. I did the Palmer Divide Ranch trail, Next time I want to do Lincoln Mountain Loop it looks like it is more scenic as it heads towards Pike Peak

This is a nice hike up to a loop around a fairly flat butte. There are nice front range, Larkspur buttes and West Cherry Creek views. It's almost a walk, but there are some rocky areas on top that get me into hiking shoes. Normally I'd rate this three stars, but it is lightly used and that adds a star for me. Dog poop and dogs off leash are rare, and I've been there on beautiful days with only another car or two in the quite large parking area. I'd wager nearby Spruce Mountain has 5 or 10 times the use. This gem is going to be found, so I'd recommend trying it soon. I also enjoyed the adjacent Palmer Divide Ranch Loop.

My overall reaction is "eh". Decent views from top, but extremely windy. Rest of trails are easy walk and ok for a "city" hike.