Limber Grove Trail

Limber Grove Trail is a 3.5 mile out and back trail located near Fairplay, CO that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from June until October.

Directions from Fairplay: Fourmile Campground is located approximately 11 miles southwest of the town of Fairplay, Colorado. Visitors may reach this campground by taking State Highway 285 south from Fairplay for approximately 2 miles to County Road 18. Travel west on County Road 18 for approximately 2 miles to the Forest Boundary. At this point this road becomes Forest Developed Road 182. From here continue on 182 for approximately 7 miles and the campground will be on the right. The Limber Grove Trailheads are located within Horseshoe and Fourmile Campgrounds.

Absolutely beautiful! Took my dog and only saw one other couple 10 minutes into hike as they were leaving so was able to let my dog off leash. We both loved the hike and the Limber Grove was amazing!

Awesome trail! Beautiful grove of bristlecone and limber pines!

Nice hike through the woods up to the rock slide. Great views of the cliffs above and surrounding mountains. 1000 year old twisted pine trees in Limber Grove were especially impressive.

My boyfriend and I took our two akitas on this trail today. itbwas very quiet, we only saw one other group. The creek right when you park is beautiful and so are the ancient trees. We will definitely do again! I would say it's about 50/50 shade and sun. It wasn't too bad for us and we don't hike crazy trails. The one thing to make note of is that the rock slide area is hard for dogs to navigate. I don't know if I would bring mine back, they didn't seem to like walking on all the broken rocks.

Beautiful hike. It rained on is lightly but the views were wonderful! Pretty easy hike. We will be going back!

scenic driving

This trail looks beautiful. Too bad it was snow covered this weekend and I didn't bring any snow gear so we Z and I just stopped by the trailhead, took a couple pictures and meandered on.

Amazing ancient trees, a must see. Fun walk across the rock slide area and a creek.

This trail takes you through some old Limber Pine and big boulders at the base of Sheep Mt. The trail is between to campgrounds on 4 Mile Creek Rd.