Lichen Loop Trail

Lichen Loop Trail is a 1.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Boulder, CO that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible from April until October.

Great short hike with kids.

My companions and I greatly enjoyed the woodland scenery of this lovely loop. It has some gentle ups and downs as well as some historic points. The trail is short; we went around the loop twice for a good length morning walk.

Great hike to be back in the woods. Took my 3 and 1 year old too!

Nice and easy! This is a great little loop if you want to get out, but don't have much time or want to take your not so active Mom out on a hike. There are some lovely views, nice bathrooms, and a longer option.

This hike is built for either kids or elderly people. Nice views of lichen colored rocks. Overall quite nice but not a serious hike.

Decent short trail with pine forest tree cover most of the way. It was great with my 5 yr old as we're still working on her endurance and she got the accomplishment of finishing a whole trail by herself.

The loop had birds, bugs and squirrels to look at, rocks to clamber up, etc. If you're with an athletic adult group there are more exciting trails in the area but for those with young kids it's great and not crowded in the least.

There is something special about this place. It's just calm and peaceful. Something about the tall grass in the wind in June... This is just a quick loop you can do with a young child or an elderly person...

I like this trail for when I'm not feeling super great but still want to exercise. I like running on this trail.

Not really mountainous. Foothills more like. It's great for my toddler.