Lawn Lake Trail

Lawn Lake Trail is a 13.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Estes Park, CO that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, camping, fishing, and horses and is accessible from May until October. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Amazing hike with the fall colors and cool big creek you hike along. Was very dramatic! We didn't go all the way but it was a fun time.

My wife and I did this trail but went to Ypsilon lake which was not quite as far as Lawn Lake. It was a 9 mile round trip. Moderate. The lake was beautifully.

loved this hike. great views at the end. moderate is appropriate rating.. gentle incline most of the way. took a group of 3 of us about 6.5 hours total (all of us at different fitness levels) . Beautiful and worth it.

this. hurts. it's is long. it is steep. it shows up on RMNP map ad a trail....with descriptions on attitude or lengthy, not. Go at your own risk knowing it took 7 hrs for a fit person. Strenuous, rocky, "take the next day off" like D of hike. Do Not Recommend.

fly fishing

Took the 6.3 mile hike up to Lawn Lake to fish for a bit. The trail is well groomed and seemed to get nicer the further I went. It is a steady climb, but well worth the effort as Lawn Lake is full of eager Greenbacks. Lot's of surface activity and the fish were beautiful. I caught probably 20 fish in just less than 2 hours. A hit on nearly every cast. They were not very picky!

We hiked this today but continued past Lawn Lake up to Crystal Lake. This is a beautiful trail. The trail wasn't too steep or difficult and it followed along the river and dipped into lush green forested areas as well. No snow at all on the trail today. Loved that the traffic was low. I was wearing my GPS watch and distance from the trailhead to Lawn Lake was about 6.4 miles. If you wander around the lake at all, this is easily a 13 mile round trip hike.

Delightful. We arrived at 10:30 and hiked back 4 miles. The scenery was great and evidence of the 2013 flood was powerful. The trail is mostly gentle but we had several opportunities to be thankful for our poles. Trail traffic was pleasantly low.

This is a pretty long hike but not too technical nor too steep. Footing was good and trail was easy to follow. Scenery was great and the river/waterfall you skirt most of the way up was impressive. We went on 10 June and much tour chagrin, the last mile of the trail was covered in snow that you could not go around. We slogged through at least 2/3rds of the stuff, falling through the snow up to our knees and even hips at some points. Probably 1/3 mile from the lake we were soaked with our boots filled with snow and ice and chose to turn around prior to reaching the lake. Bummer. Regardless, this is a great hike if you are good with the milage you should go!! I think we did what we did in like 6 1/2 hours. Beautiful all of the way up. We will do it again!

The first 6.5 miles are all up hill but converge to make the finale is worth it as several peaks conververge making the largest mountain top lake that I have ever seen.

The finale was breathtaking.

Tough hike, so be prepared for a haul, but THE most rewarding view in the park. Lots of wildlife, including some big horn sheep and a few pretty rambunctious marmots. A MUST SEE and one we will visit again!!!

Long hike to get up to Lawn lake,but I finally made it,after a few years of wanting to go there.2005-aug.

Hiked up to lawn lake campground with my 8 year old on our first overnight backcountry trip. Took a while to make it to the campsite but she made it and we were both rewarded by a beautiful late afternoon with the lake all to ourselves for the evening. There had been a lot of rain the week before this day so it must have kept everyone off the mountain. Was quite a memorable trip for both of us

I enjoyed this hike. It was rough going at the beginning but the lake at the end was awesome.

This hike was just alright in my opinion. I could just be being picky, but to me with a twelve mile round trip hike the end destination should be pretty spectacular. The hike next to the Alluvial Fan was nice.

Great trail/hike. If I recall, pretty tough switch backs the first leg of the hike, then gets a little easier. Definitely worth the extra hike up to Crystal Lake too! Just be aware of afternoon thunderstorms, they can sneak up on you...

We did this trail the second week in July. It is shared with horses and mules but well maintained. The access to fishing was good in many spots along the trail and we fished quite a bit with our eight year old who was challenged by the river banks but figured it out. Got rained on three times starting at noon and hailed on twice. Met a couple of park rangers with a llama with a pack on the trail. Were quite a few people initially but once we got further along only ran into a few people. It was what I would call our "first official trail" in the park and I thought it was very nice.