Lawn Lake Trail

Lawn Lake Trail is a 13.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Estes Park, Colorado that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, camping, fishing, and horses and is best used from May until October. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Gorgeous trail. Not steep but long. Nice back country. Quiet and peaceful. Not very many people on it even in peak summer. Caution, this is bear country.

Just barely made it before sun down, but got a beautiful view of the lake. I recommend leaving early and incorporating The Saddle Trail, which starts at the end of Lawn Lake, and goes up to a meadow almost directly below Mummy and Fairchild Mountain, as well as Hagues Peak.

Amazing hike with the fall colors and cool big creek you hike along. Was very dramatic! We didn't go all the way but it was a fun time.

My wife and I did this trail but went to Ypsilon lake which was not quite as far as Lawn Lake. It was a 9 mile round trip. Moderate. The lake was beautifully.

loved this hike. great views at the end. moderate is appropriate rating.. gentle incline most of the way. took a group of 3 of us about 6.5 hours total (all of us at different fitness levels) . Beautiful and worth it.

this. hurts. it's is long. it is steep. it shows up on RMNP map ad a trail....with descriptions on attitude or lengthy, not. Go at your own risk knowing it took 7 hrs for a fit person. Strenuous, rocky, "take the next day off" like D of hike. Do Not Recommend.

fly fishing

Took the 6.3 mile hike up to Lawn Lake to fish for a bit. The trail is well groomed and seemed to get nicer the further I went. It is a steady climb, but well worth the effort as Lawn Lake is full of eager Greenbacks. Lot's of surface activity and the fish were beautiful. I caught probably 20 fish in just less than 2 hours. A hit on nearly every cast. They were not very picky!

We hiked this today but continued past Lawn Lake up to Crystal Lake. This is a beautiful trail. The trail wasn't too steep or difficult and it followed along the river and dipped into lush green forested areas as well. No snow at all on the trail today. Loved that the traffic was low. I was wearing my GPS watch and distance from the trailhead to Lawn Lake was about 6.4 miles. If you wander around the lake at all, this is easily a 13 mile round trip hike.

Delightful. We arrived at 10:30 and hiked back 4 miles. The scenery was great and evidence of the 2013 flood was powerful. The trail is mostly gentle but we had several opportunities to be thankful for our poles. Trail traffic was pleasantly low.

This is a pretty long hike but not too technical nor too steep. Footing was good and trail was easy to follow. Scenery was great and the river/waterfall you skirt most of the way up was impressive. We went on 10 June and much tour chagrin, the last mile of the trail was covered in snow that you could not go around. We slogged through at least 2/3rds of the stuff, falling through the snow up to our knees and even hips at some points. Probably 1/3 mile from the lake we were soaked with our boots filled with snow and ice and chose to turn around prior to reaching the lake. Bummer. Regardless, this is a great hike if you are good with the milage you should go!! I think we did what we did in like 6 1/2 hours. Beautiful all of the way up. We will do it again!