Lake Isabelle Trail

Lake Isabelle Trail is a 4.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Nederland, CO that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and snowshoeing and is accessible from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

8/27/16 - Great hike. I say get there late, 3pm and there's plenty of parking. I would have parked closer but it was my first time there and I wasn't sure I could. Three lakes are possible on this trail. I was going to do the loop back on the other side but heard someone yelling for an unknown reason so decided not too. Kinda wish I would have if there was more animals to see. Glacier lake is quite low but it's cool to walk the beach. Beautiful rock cliffs and waterfalls. Would be better earlier in the year, more water, but it was still great. Definitely would go back.

Got there about 9a today (a chilly Friday) and there were still 2 spots in the lot! What a gorgeous and easy hike, will definitely do it again

Great hike, majority of it is pretty flat through trees and meadows, with a couple moderate inclines towards the end. More people than this page led me to expect, but not too bad. We parked at the main Brainard lot right next to Brainard lake and walked over to the trailhead. Out and back from the car was 8 miles.

Saw a moose hiding in the trees, which seems to relatively common up there! Lake Isabelle is a pretty big alpine lake, with gorgeous clarity

Absolutely beautiful! Waterfalls, wild flowers, lakes can't get better than that. I would rate the hike as moderate not easy. Quite a scramble at the end over steep rocks. Hiking shoes a must.

We started the trail at 6pm in early August. Parking fee is $10 cash or check only. The hike was beautiful, and the tree coverage made for a cool hike. We took the loop around the other side of the lake and saw two moose and a woodpecker on the way back. It took us about two hours to hike up to the glazier and then finish off the loop and we had plenty of sunlight left despite a bit of a late start.

Easy hike, beautiful location! Water level at the lake was a little low.

Nice trail with beautiful sites. The last .25 miles to the glacier is probably the steepest part, but worth it!

It's nice. More than one trail , you can choose from easy to difficult trails ! Expect to pay $10 fee.

I got here around 7:30 this morning (Sunday) and the parking lot was already full so we had to park past Brainard Lake (one of the only ones in that parking lot) which adds half a mile there and half back. Lovely trail and absolutely stunning. Leaving the park around 11 and cars were lined up to get in from waaaay back so get there early!

Absolutely gorgeous. Most of the elevation climb is at the end right before Lake Isabelle. Totally worth it! Parking is tight. Just go knowing you will walk the extra mile both ways from the main parking lot. I will definitely be doing this hike again!

Nice flat walking paths. Take your time however, still a few "wait-a-minute" stones protruding up along shaper grades along path.

super beautiful, not super intense but a great length for a half day hike!

Gorgeous trail throughout. We all fell in love including the dog. :)

Get there early, make sure to bring cash for the fee and enjoy a great hike. If you come past 715 or so, expect an extra mile there and back due to parking.

I would say the traffic was moderate too heavy, but it was a beautiful hike. Picture perfect.

Amazing views at the lake. A post card view to say the least. Easy hike for the majority, the switchbacks just before the lake are hardest section, but easy overall. A lot of people.

I trail ran/hiked from Brainard Lake and it was beautiful!

Really the perfect hike for what we wanted. You can hike quite a distance, but it's mostly flat and opens up to incredible views, lots of unmelted snow. You do have to scramble a little on the last leg, but it's worth it. All in all, a easy hike for a Colorado hike. You almost certainly will walk the additional mile from the Day Use parking if you're just coming in for the hike. Almost no chance you'll park by the trailhead.